• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Could Any One Of The Devs Read In Here Please ??

J

jackdoe

Hi

I was in a money house a few days ago and people where talking about the bot programs, one player stupidly said out loud the web address of a site that sells them...

I have been reading up on the internet about them and here is something interesting....

I have found out that there are these bot programs that illegally allow a person to obtain lots of money from :

Maze
Code Machine
Pizza
Gnoming
Multiple Jobs

There is also some kind of program that allows you to auto green, avoid the timeout screen and clean plates etc...

The interesting thing is, there is no bot that is used to gain loads of money from single objects such as jams, boards, type writters etc , so why are the payouts low on these ??

I can understand the low payouts on Pizza and the others i mentioned because of the bots, i just wondered why you felt you had to lower all money making objects even those that are not bot effected ??

Thanks in advance for any reply that you find the time to give.

Jack

I

imported_LFancey

There are bots that do all of this as well. Are you preceding from the stand point that if "you" can't find this program then it must not exist? If so that is a false premise.

Regulators mount up!

Lee

G

I would link you to the blog post about drains and faucets and matching money added to money removed, but I think the blog is broke.

Who broke the blog?

J

jackdoe

Thank you for your reply

I have spent some time using various search engines and like i stated before, i cant find any bots that take advantage of the single money making objects, and after reading how these bots work i fail to see how they would be able to take advantage of it...

For example, a bot is unable to speed up the time it takes to make a jam or solve a logic problem and a bot is unable to increase the amount of simoleans you gain for single money objects , the only bot advantage i can see for single money making objects is something called auto green but again, it doesnt give the illegal user any extra advantage money wise...

Maybe i am missing something as i have only started to study these bots over the last few days so my knowledge might not be as good as yours on the subject.

Thanks again for replying

Jack

G

<blockquote><hr>

I would link you to the blog post about drains and faucets and matching money added to money removed, but I think the blog is broke.

Who broke the blog?

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

The interesting thing is, there is no bot that is used to gain loads of money from single objects such as jams, boards, type writters etc , so why are the payouts low on these ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that's a false statement....you listed gnoming. That same bot program that works for that can be, and is used for the other single player money objects. If that site is the same site I've heard mentioned, its been around for a very long time, and I'm not even sure the creator of that one is still around, which means no updates for those bot programs, which is a good thing because that means eventually those won't work anymore, when the coding is changed enough, which we've been given indications that it will be.

G

<blockquote><hr>

For example, a bot is unable to speed up the time it takes to make a jam or solve a logic problem and a bot is unable to increase the amount of simoleans you gain for single money objects , the only bot advantage i can see for single money making objects is something called auto green but again, it doesnt give the illegal user any extra advantage money wise...

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. It won't be able to modify the game in anyway to speed it up or increase the amount of money made, but it still gives an unfair advantage in the sense that it can run while you aren't with it.

So, essentially, somebody who would only normally make money for 4 hours a day could now do it for 23 hours a day, thus illegally gaining simoleans and ruining the economy for everybody else.

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

There are bots that do all of this as well. Are you preceding from the stand point that if "you" can't find this program then it must not exist? If so that is a false premise.

Regulators mount up!

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

So what gives with the painfully low payouts on job track then Lee? I havnt heard of any bot that can work in a robot factory yet. Its taken me a lot of time to get my sims to the Droid level (more than 125 shifts in all, thats a few weeks work), yet the pay is only $15 per bot completed, how do you explain that?

J

jackdoe

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. It won't be able to modify the game in anyway to speed it up or increase the amount of money made, but it still gives an unfair advantage in the sense that it can run while you aren't with it.

So, essentially, somebody who would only normally make money for 4 hours a day could now do it for 23 hours a day, thus illegally gaining simoleans and ruining the economy for everybody else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhh , thank you sindran
, i now see the unfair advantage......i didnt think of the possibility of running the game for endless hours at a time to jam etc......

I feel a lot less fustrated about the whole reduced payouts already, its good to get some answers

Another advantage i now have is that when i see people in game asking why payouts have been cut so drasticly, i no longer have to reply with " i have no idea"

Jack

I

imported_rpsky3

i have as well seen this in EALand. I was also told if i was interested, and i am not, they can IM me the address so I would never have to be afk if i was to have a store open, or if i wanted to skill and green up my sims. most of us know the name of what they are talking about. anyways, it is wrong and i thought that this would all have stopped already.