• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Cotton/Wool

D

Dragonchilde

I have runes marked for the moonglow cotton field, the Skara Brae cotton field, and the yew sheep pens, but are there more? I prefer cotton (stacks automatically after spinning) but I would love to have as many as possible. I;m trying to rebuild my cloth stash after years away (I had a few thousand, but it fell with my house.)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have runes marked for the moonglow cotton field, the Skara Brae cotton field, and the yew sheep pens, but are there more? I prefer cotton (stacks automatically after spinning) but I would love to have as many as possible. I;m trying to rebuild my cloth stash after years away (I had a few thousand, but it fell with my house.)
try delucia by healers hut and then there are a few outside delucia like your going to the undead fort that little cove on the left there are usually a few there to at least on ls shard

D

Dragonchilde

Aha! That's the one I was trying to think of. Thanks!

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are complimentary pens and fields on Trammel and Felucca. You will not be able to mark the Delucia rune for Felucca though.

Felucca sheep will give you 2 wool every time you shear one, but the cotton plant only gives one.

I have found that making rounds between the Felucca sheep pens is a very fast way to get wool. Do you kill the sheep after you shear them? It takes over an hour for a sheep to regrow its wool, and a matter of minutes for a new one to spawn.

I found an old post that told you how to get UO Assis to stack the yarn (from wool), but I could never get it to work and gave up on it. So now I just drag the yarn into a container in my backpack so it stacks in there.

Stayin Alive,

BG

D

Dragonchilde

Oh yes; my beetle's name is SheepSlayer, and I have a nice little "all kill/waitfortarget/lasttarget" macro set up. I shear the sheep, have the beetle kill it, and move to the next while it's doing that. I can rack up a huge amount of wool in next to no time.

Edit: As long as the shepherd isn't corrupted. Sigh. Stupid Hatred.