• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] Cost for GM

B

BlackMagus

I am thinking of adding Inscription to my character, but if so I want to GM it for the SDI bonus.

Before I venture into that task, I would like to know what kind of money it costs nowadays to GM Inscription?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you buy your ingredients (scrolls & regs) from NPC merchants and resell the scrolls you create, Inscription to GM will actually net you about 100K profit from 49-100. You will have to build up the NPCs to give sufficient quantities of scrolls & regs, but that is easily doable. Just find your favorite mage shops, mark a rune and then recall around getting what you need. Some people use a pack horse to carry extra ingredients, but I never did that. I found I could sit in New Haven mage shop and run between there and the necromancer hut and do ok buying up everything.

Because inscription is profitable from the start I usually train this first on any new shard I begin playing on. Also, if you are starting training, be sure to accept the new player inscription quest. When you hit 50 you will get a "Hallowed Spellbook" which is a basic undead slayer. Might as well get that while you're working it.

Best wishes!

-OBSIDIAN-

B

BlackMagus

That sounds really nice... I will start right away.

Thank you for your valued feedback! :)

M

mjolnir131

if you have a gm lumberjack and a mid level cook you can make tons of scrolls out of water.
LJ gets bark fragments wich the cook turns into woodpulp which will give you gain from making the scrolls and gains agian when you use them to make spell books

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you buy your ingredients (scrolls & regs) from NPC merchants and resell the scrolls you create, Inscription to GM will actually net you about 100K profit from 49-100. You will have to build up the NPCs to give sufficient quantities of scrolls & regs, but that is easily doable. Just find your favorite mage shops, mark a rune and then recall around getting what you need. Some people use a pack horse to carry extra ingredients, but I never did that. I found I could sit in New Haven mage shop and run between there and the necromancer hut and do ok buying up everything.

Because inscription is profitable from the start I usually train this first on any new shard I begin playing on. Also, if you are starting training, be sure to accept the new player inscription quest. When you hit 50 you will get a "Hallowed Spellbook" which is a basic undead slayer. Might as well get that while you're working it.

Best wishes!

-OBSIDIAN-
Wow, this is very useful information. Great Post! 5/5

If you're lazy like me.. Just purchase 60k blank scrolls, read up the skill level for various scrolls and just grind it out. I usually end up with 4-6k extra scrolls. 60k Blank scrolls usually cost 300-600k? (Starting with 50 Inscribe)