• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Corwyn Library - Now Open!

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
books.PNG

The Corwyn Library is now open to the public!

The library launches with 177 books across all different subjects and genres. Come learn about the lost village of Paws! Read a tale from Seer Daemon! Tackle Caster the Bard's epic collection of poems in 'The Ultima Cycle!' Learn all about the disgusting process of 'Spiritlinking' in the section of books about romance!

Explore the unique history of our shard and the players who have shaped it.

As you can see in the above photo, there are nine "academic" style shelves in the library. Those nine shelves hold the collection which have been safely red leafed and made available for access.

The categories of the shelves are:
  1. Seer and EM Stories
  2. Player City Tales
  3. Guild Tales
  4. History
  5. NPC Books 1
  6. NPC Books 2
  7. Player Tales 1
  8. Player Tales 2
  9. Stories about Professions, Items, and More
Also, don't forget the books available in the special collection room. Currently on exhibition is the nine part series on the world by Adamu Edom.

There are 19 empty shelves in the library for the collection to expand into. This can only be done with your help! Look deep in your bank vaults, your keep storage, your castle dungeons, wherever you may have player-written books and please leave a copy of them in the mailbox or contact me directly! I can only grow the library with your support!

Special thanks to Violet Darkthorn for an initial donation of over 75 books that form the backbone of the collection!
Special thanks to Marge for her donation of enough red leaves to keep the books in the library safe for months to come!
Special thanks to Chip for his donation of a Steward to hand out Library Runes!

The Library is at 56 25 S, 33 40 W in Felucca. Leave your belongings at home (Felucca is a rough neighborhood) and stop by today!
location.PNG

Last edited:

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stopped by the Corwyn Library tonight, showed the Elf my Library card, and was welcomed. The Library is very nicely laid out with a lot of history and stories to read. Have you seen any books written about the area known as Spiritwood? It goes back many years and I can only find mention of the area in Ultima Lore and a few maps. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to UO!

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
In addition to getting already existing books from around the realm I'd also like to commission some books about shard history. Just brainstorming here but a series about each player-city written by those who were part of them would be fun. I'd also love a series on each Seer and EM, too.

Looking at these two lists for Seers, EMs, and player cities would anyone be willing to tackle some of these topics in an in-game book?

Last edited:

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
library.PNG

I'm going to start giving regular updated to the library in this thread.

The Corwyn Library has expanded to 276 books!

Huge contributions have been made recently by Glory, Marge, and Violet Darkthorn. Come enjoy tales of Chesapeake's past, stories from the foreign land of Great Lakes, and rare history not available anywhere else! Some of these books have been in personal collections that haven't been seen by anyone else in over twenty years!

Also, the player-submitted books for the last four EM Oracle event has been copied over from Artemis' archive and are now available for reading. Come see how you and your fellow players responded individually to these quests. Judge their grammar! Marvel at their brevity! All this and more at the Corwyn Library.

Finally, enjoy the text of this book from the section on Player tales-> Love Stories:

------------------------------------

Title: Kitryn Stareye

Author: Vitor Bellfore

------------------------------------

There are no
unlocking doors.
There are no unlosable
wars.
There are no
unrightable wrongs or
unsingable songs.

There are no
unbeatable odds.
There are no
believable gods.
There are no
unmemorable names,
shall I say it again?

There are no
impossible dreams.
There are no invisible
seams.
Each night when the
day is through, I dont
ask much I just want
you.
There are no
uncriminal crimes.
There are no
unrhymable rhymes.
No longer will I give
you the things, for
people to sing.
There are no incurable
ills.
There are no
unkillable thrills.
One thing though still
holds true, I dont ask
much I just want you.
There are no
unachievalbe goals.
There are no
unsingable souls.
And i'll teach you the
key to peace, if you
know what i mean.

There are no
undesputable truths
and there aint no
fountain of youth.
Each night when the
day is through, I dont
ask much I just want
you.

Poggrog

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poog holds up a sign that says: I would like to donate 500 red leaves to your library. Some of which I just harvested from my garden on Magincia across the street from the Auction House. (It's a very big sign)

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Poog holds up a sign that says: I would like to donate 500 red leaves to your library. Some of which I just harvested from my garden on Magincia across the street from the Auction House. (It's a very big sign)
I'll take them! Shoot me a message here and we can set up a time or feel free to drop them in the library's mailbox. Thank you for your donation!

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi everyone!

Here's me checking in with the state of the library. The collection has grown to an incredible 426 books! As always, if you'd like to make a player-written book or academic bookcase donation please let me know!

Corwyn403.PNG

Last edited: