• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Corse GP

N

Naiki

First destination for the forum. Corse GP.

One of my big loves in Second Life is vehicles. Be they cars, motorbikes, horses, or other beasts. Theres a lot of roadways in SL and place to explore on these, entire towns are built to ride / drive around. Of course some folk are going to want to race. Folk like me of course. So some owners build race tracks around a vehicle store.

In 2010 Corse GP was built and quickly became known as one of the best racing tracks in Second Life. Its built by the bytegang guys and girls from Prefabrica / Dirty Lynx. They sell their own motorbikes and cars there trackside.

Well take a quick look at the Dirty Lynx bikes first.

There is 2 types, in 5 different colours. The controls are the same for all of them.

W - Accelerate
S - Decelerate / Reverse
A - Left
D - Right

E - Up a gear
C - Down a gear

The two types are the old models and the new models. The old models are a tad old now, they amble around corners. The newer bikes are a bit tighter around the corners and accelerate a tiny a little bit quicker. The costs of the bikes are 500L$ for the old models and 750L$ for the newer models (about $2 USD and £3 USD respectively in real world moneys).

And yes, I am a dog of some sort.

Around the track there are a few rezzing spots for you to rez a vehicle. Your welcome to use your own home made vehicles or ones you have bought elsewhere. There is also a motorbike bay and a car bay where you can use the Corse GP vehicles for free on the track for limited periods.

The controls for all Corse GP vehicles are the same, though responsiveness varies between them of course.

For the track itself and racing, you can grab a free HUD (item that attaches to your screen) and race or do time trials against yourself. Get fast enough and you can get your name in lights on the Corse GP leader board. They have occasional events there, but for quick races its rare you'll land there and be alone. Almost always someone standing in the pits to grab into a few laps around the track.

The Corse GP leader board also gives out prizes for the best weekly time. It can get a bit frantic when theres an hour left and people are trying to get them top speed prizes.

To try for the leader board simply attach a free HUD, hop on a vehicle bought from Corse GP (vehicles from other places don't work with the HUDs), and get around the track quick. No cheating though I am afraid. Theres a number of checkpoints around the track you have to pass through in the right order or your time keeps climbing.

The track itself is seriously corner heavy. No Racer Island ovals here.

This is where I am going to give you some pretty pictures of me riding around the track. I believe the bike I am riding is available as a demo there, the car I am driving in the last picture is demo available from the next to the grand stand.

Flying....

The track is utterly fantastic. Its a challenge getting around it in anything sluggish on the corners, but its a lot more enjoyable than the endless oval tracks. The detail on the track and landscape is pretty high standard too. As you can see in the pics they have given it some real polish. Unfortunately I didn't make the leader-board today, despite the empty looking pictures I took the place suddenly filled up and I was suddenly to busy racing others than to care about times. Also taking pictures.... Sorry about that....

One last one as night fell from the pits.

If you wish to visit Corse GP, open Second Life and click this link :

SLurl: Location-Based Linking in Second Life

Thanks for reading!

Nai