• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Correction: The Accelerated Gain Token works but there are specific conditions, see inside.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Edit: These are working, there are party and proximity requirements I did not understand when trying it out. Original message below, but the solution is in my last post in the thread.

I finally grouped a toon from each account together, partied them with the toon I had bought the starter package from, and on the party leader toon triggered the Accelerated Skill Gain token for the group. I then logged all but one toon out, and it said his accelerated skill gain period ended after about 45 seconds.

I logged him out, logged into a different toon from that party, it showed the Accelerated Gain icon in his stat bar as well, sbut sure enough after less than a minute later it said his accelerated skill gain period had also ended.

I think these are broken. Has anyone else attempted to use the skill gain token with a party?

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I finally grouped a toon from each account together, partied them with the toon I had bought the starter package from, and on the party leader toon triggered the Accelerated Skill Gain token for the group. I then logged all but one toon out, and it said his accelerated skill gain period ended after about 45 seconds.

I logged him out, logged into a different toon from that party, it showed the Accelerated Gain icon in his stat bar as well, sbut sure enough after less than a minute later it said his accelerated skill gain period had also ended.

I think these are broken. Has anyone else attempted to use the skill gain token with a party?
I ran into the same issue on TC when they first released the token. I posted about it on the UO forums (Deluxe Starter Pack), Kyronix had said it was fixed. You may want to ping them on there or submit a bug on it if it's still doing it.

I am using them and they work fine. The char effect does show weird stuff like 27 seconds.. but it never actually expires. It may be cycling through proximity checks. I used it in party and members who strayed lost the effect.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Khyro So does that mean that you have to remain in a party together for the effects of the token?

@Ryz Thanks for the info. If I have to stay within a certain distance of a toon on the account that owns the token it isn't going to be very useful for me. Appreciate the input.

Yes, you have to remain in the party and nearby. It's not like you can just infect people will skill alacrity :)

I have to say... the skill gains are pretty amazing.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well I'll have the original party leader stand around looking dapper while I raise the skill on the other toon, Thanks for the info guys.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like you should plan ahead before using this token.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok, so thanks to the folks above I figured it out and thought I should come back and clarify.

The status icon and message are related to what seems to be a 1 minute pulse of alacrity. After that minute, if you are still in party and near the original token user, it renews for another minute. This continues until you leave the party or immediate locale of the token owner.

So if you are using this with other players, stay close and plan for a chink of time together to maximize value. I wish the status message gave time in days that it was still active instead of showing seconds, but as long as you know that you'll be ok.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i find it hard to believe that you actually thought you could party with one character and then have the the accelerated gain all week without being in the party or close to the party.

ive never even looked into this token and i could have guessed that.

the accelerated gains for anyone in the part is pretty powerful stuff, but being able to..... for lack of a better word (and used above very spot on) 'infect' people you come in contact with with the accelerated gains would be pretty much game breaking.

guess im just surprised that you are surprised how the token works.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My reasoning was if it was meant for a group of returning / new players to get a jump on training, once they partied and started, it would flag them all as accelerated gain. Then, since it was meant to last a week, whenever those toons logged they would get the gain.

Assuming all the different players needed to be present with the original token holder seemed counter intuitive to the idea that it was meant to get players (let's face it, older returning players who now have kids and in some cases grandkids and houses and jobs) a head start.

I think maybe my concept of what time means to 4 different middle aged humans who are tryingr out a game they played a decade ago is different from what the developers had.

And that's fine. I thanked folks for the help and posted a correction so that folks didn't think it was still broken.

King Don Juan

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My reasoning was if it was meant for a group of returning / new players to get a jump on training, once they partied and started, it would flag them all as accelerated gain. Then, since it was meant to last a week, whenever those toons logged they would get the gain.

Assuming all the different players needed to be present with the original token holder seemed counter intuitive to the idea that it was meant to get players (let's face it, older returning players who now have kids and in some cases grandkids and houses and jobs) a head start.

I think maybe my concept of what time means to 4 different middle aged humans who are tryingr out a game they played a decade ago is different from what the developers had.

And that's fine. I thanked folks for the help and posted a correction so that folks didn't think it was still broken.
I think the devs simply wanted to encourage returning players to play as a group (hunts dungeons etc..), just like wow and triple xp when referred by a friend.
Nothing to do with power training for a week.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • A Token of Skill Alacrity that allows you and your party members to experience an increased rate of skill gain for an entire week
Isn't the whole idea of a party is to do things together as a team not as individuals?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • A Token of Skill Alacrity that allows you and your party members to experience an increased rate of skill gain for an entire week
Isn't the whole idea of a party is to do things together as a team not as individuals?
I guess the buyer can use it all the time. But, how are 9 players going to be on at the same time and be able to go to the same places.

Can you add and remove party members and they get the increase gains?