• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Corpses won't decay...

N

Nematode

Hi all,

I noticed this problem last week after the latest publish. When I go spawning, the corpses from the fallen mobs just won't decay at all. I'll end up with level 1 to 4 mob corpses strewn all over the place when the champ spawns. My partner, who is on 2D, does not experience this.

Prior to this, the spawn corpses decay at an accelerated rate than normal. The only way to clear the corpses is if I log out and back in everytime the screen is just too choke-full of them for me to see properly... I also cant loot the corpses that have fallen for a while, clearly, they have already "decayed", but not graphically erased...

Anyone has any suggestion what I should do?

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something like this happens to me, but is fairly rare.

Mob corpses will stay on the screen as if they are still alive. The corpses stand there and are unopenable. Logging out is the only way to make them disappear, so it is definately something client side.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Its not just corpses I have also noticed this with live characters! I popped in at brit bank other day and was trying to talk to my friend and he was not answering then I noticed I could not interact with him in anyway but I could with others ... logged in and out and he and his dragon disappeared

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this bug too - it's not often, but still annoying. A few days ago, I saw a red moongate right in front of my house. I said to my friends: "Look! A moongate! I wonder where it goes." But I couldn't go through and got answers like "what the hell are you talking about?"

Probably was one of my own gates from half an hour earlier.

N

Nematode

Sighz, seems like Im not the only one with this issue. Could this be due to an old PC? Would reinstalling from scratch help?

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably not. May PC is a pretty new high-end gaming machine and my install only a few weeks old.