• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Corpse to bones timer

D

Deneya

Can someone please confirm for me the time when a corpse should turn to bones and then eventually disappear all together? Or if they have experienced the following problem:

Blue bug and I died today and bug was carrying some expensive items which I was transporting between houses. Bug died after me. My corpse turned to bones, my bug didn't have a corpse, didn't turn to bones, and there was nothing to indicate my bug actually died.

Everything on my bug disappeared into the ether. I have heard of one other person in guild who this has happened to - both times on Oce.

Has anyone else had his happen? I thought it was something like 16 minutes before a corpse decays (even though in this instance there was no corpse).

Just found out the above has happened to at least three people on Oce.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For players, when you die, your body turns to bones in 7 minutes. Then after 7 more minutes it disappears. For a pet, you don't get a two stage decay. The corpse decays in about 10 minutes (i think).

O

Old Man of UO

FYI - the newest Pinco User Interface has a corpse decay timer that starts automatically when you or your pet dies, and tells you when your body turns to bones.