• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Corpse skin, Onslaught & Injected Strike Fix/Buff

IceCast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Dear Developers,

Ive been away from UO for several years, the last time i was playing, people had a difficult time to get all their imbued armor with the right mods, and also have 70 in each resists.

Then Legendary Artifacts were released.

On average, every player that PVP`s has about 3 legendary artifacts, making them have atleast 55 in each resist, now if u add even the most basic leather armor unenhanced, you will have well over 85 in each resist.

My suggestion/Problem:

Early since the launch of the Age of Shadows Expansion, we have feared Necromancers, for their Horrific Corpse Skin, allowing our fire and poison resistance to go down even lower then the effect of Curse!

Unfortunately, Corpse Skin has 0 effect these days ( atleast not in pvp ) UO works with over cap resists, so if u have 85 fire and u get a corpse skin u wont drop a single fire resistance becouse it will go down to 70 ( the actual cap).

When I read about the new masteries, i was quite excited, i seen the ability to lower my targets resistances as a warrior/archerm With Onslaught (swords mastery) and Injected strike (poisoning mastery)

Unfortunately the exact same over capped resistance is taken into account.

If someone has 85 or more in their resistance, none of the above mentioned spells/masteries have any effect.

I cannot believe this is as intended!

The same problem occured with Hit lower defense, people used to be able to have 70 dci, nullifying the effect of the Hit Lower Defense property, this has been fixed, and now there is a hard cap of 45 dci (armor modifications not counted)

Wouldnt it be fair, to do the same to resists ? make a hard cap of 70, so even if u have 100 fire resist, u can only have 70 when the spell/masteries are in effect?

Suggestion:

1 - Make a hard cap of 70 in each resistance the moment a spell/mastery is cast upon u (exclude vampiric embrace from this, so pvm is not effected by this)

2 - Dont allow Corpse skin and Injected Strike to stack, make it so that only 1 debuff can be put on a single target.

Santos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This will never happen for one reason. Sampires will cease to exist.

IceCast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ur not reading what ive written, im not saying vampiric embrace cant be countered, im saying the moment u are corpse skinned u should drop to 55 poison/fire resistance.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
More or less he is saying some spells and effects should work more like curse or HLD... Where they lower the actual cap by a certain amount or percentage to prevent people from overcapping resists to nullify the effect.

Not sure if I really agree... Necro swordsman with a 100% fire double strike weapon would end up too OP.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
More or less he is saying some spells and effects should work more like curse or HLD... Where they lower the actual cap by a certain amount or percentage to prevent people from overcapping resists to nullify the effect.

Not sure if I really agree... Necro swordsman with a 100% fire double strike weapon would end up too OP.
Yeah the evil omen dexers would be terrible.

But I'm not opposed to corpse skin being buffed a little, but stacking with curse should be off the table.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So instead of being useless..balance it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about a resist "reserve" like magic reflect. When u activate your resist reserve you have a percentage of a chance to negate the effects. So for instance say your resists are
70/120
70/130
70/90
70/110
70/90

Which btw is extremely easy to do.

When you activate your Resist Reserve it works in Percentages. So you have
50% Physical Reflex
60% Fire Absorption
20% Poison Retract
40% Cold Reaction
20% Energy Reserve

So it works like Magic reflect except different examples
50% of Physical is Negated until your reserve runs out.
60% of fire damage is Absorbed until the Reserve runs out
20% of your Poison Resist is Kept on Negative Buffs. (Cap 70) so if the Max Corpse takes away is say 10 Resist with this it'll only take away 8 and drop you to 62
40% of cold Damage you take will be normal When it's depleted you will be more susceptible to Fire Damage
20% Of energy resist is stored in your "reserve" when it's depleted you lose more Stamina based on OnHitDamage taken.

Cool down timer is 7 minutes..

Also edit: it should be halved if you have over 65 Magery as well. How Gimp would that be with reflect..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk