• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Corgul's Explosion In The EC: How To Survive It?

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all,

The Europa EMs went a bit wild with this particular effect in the events previous to Corgul, so I am aware it's the effect and not the new boss that's the problem; The massive explosion he does causes the memory usage of the Enhanced Client to shoot through the roof, lagging you down to about 1 fps per 10 seconds, and eventually crashing the client entirely (or forcing a ctrl-alt-del shut down; when looking at the EC process there, it had got up to 1.7Gb of memory usage out of my total 2gb when it failed). Turning Particle Effects off allows you to survive the single explosion at Corgul and run at normal pace, but when he gets to the full explosion it still lags and crashes. I'm running an ATI HD 4670 with 1Gb Memory (as seen in System etc, but when I purchased it the box only listed 512mb) with pretty recent drivers... but does any one have any suggestions how to prevent this explosion breaking my game?

Thanks!

U

UOKaiser

Hello all,

The Europa EMs went a bit wild with this particular effect in the events previous to Corgul, so I am aware it's the effect and not the new boss that's the problem; The massive explosion he does causes the memory usage of the Enhanced Client to shoot through the roof, lagging you down to about 1 fps per 10 seconds, and eventually crashing the client entirely (or forcing a ctrl-alt-del shut down; when looking at the EC process there, it had got up to 1.7Gb of memory usage out of my total 2gb when it failed). Turning Particle Effects off allows you to survive the single explosion at Corgul and run at normal pace, but when he gets to the full explosion it still lags and crashes. I'm running an ATI HD 4670 with 1Gb Memory (as seen in System etc, but when I purchased it the box only listed 512mb) with pretty recent drivers... but does any one have any suggestions how to prevent this explosion breaking my game?

Thanks!
This could be a number of things. More likely make sure there is no other memory usage services running. The swap file make sure it's working properly. Might also want to raise priority a bit on ec client on taskbar so it takes precedent. Also before doing battle close your EC client completely and restart so that memory can be freed to have a smoother experience.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not familiar with the EC, but is there a way to turn off particle effects? This is what I would do with any other game giving me that problem, but only for that fight.