• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Copy Macros from one chr to another?

• Thread starter Bearclaw92
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Bearclaw92

I have multiple chrs on a few accounts that I play fairly often and I have a core set of macros that I use that are the same for all of my chrs. In the 2d version, I can copy the macro file into the folder for other chrs so I dont have to rebuilt my macros for every single chr.

Is there any way to copy macros from one chr to another with the enhanced client?

I realize this will not work for item specific macros, but I'm hoping there is a way to copy general macros (like casting recall for example). When I had used KR in the past, there was not a macro file for the chrs so I am assuming the macros are saved inside a different file. This is one of the issues that kept me from setting up more than one chr in the KR client.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions with this!!

W

woody_cats

yes is easy to do if someone has not posted by tonight icq me at 30508991 and i will walk you through

B

Bearclaw92

I ended up getting distracted by a football game last night and didnt log in. If the offer still stands, I'll icq you this evening.

Thanks,

T

Tazar

It's really not too hard.

Navigate to your "My Documents" folder - most likely C:\Documents and Settings\(your computer user name)\My Documents.

Go into the EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data Folder.

In this file, you will find a file named for each of your accounts. Go into the appropriate account folder and you will find a file for each shard that the account plays and then inside the shard folders are the character files.

I suggest picking the character file that you want copied over and making a copy of it called "backup" or somesuch - then copy backup to the appropriate account/shard and rename it to the character name you need those macro's on.

Hope that helps!