• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Copy and past

Selistrana

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If you use the Classic Client, then search on your Computer for the EA Games Folder / Ultima Online Legacy or Stygian Abyss (you can even choose both) / User Data / Your Account Name (I guess you will have only 1 Name in that Folder). And in that Folder you can choose a Shard and from that Shard you can choose a Char and can copy the File to another Shard Folder and rename the File just after on of your other Char Names. Start your UO Client, Loggin and you will have all Macros from your first Char on one of your other Chars.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For CC, Open Windows Explorer then go to:
Documents
-- My Documents
---- EA Games
------ Ultima Online Legacy
-------- User Data
---------- your account name
------------ Sonoma (insert your home shard here)
-------------- your character
Find the 'marcros2d.txt' file. Right click. Select 'copy' from the drop down list. Now navigate to the shard & character that you want your macros copied to. Once you are in that folder, right click again and select 'paste'. You'll get a pop asking what you want to do. Select the replace option. Done.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Documents
-- My Documents
---- EA Games
------ Ultima Online Legacy
-------- User Data
---------- your account name
------------ Sonoma (insert your home shard here)
-------------- your character
Find the 'marcros2d.txt' file. Right click. Select 'copy' from the drop down list. Now navigate to the shard & character that you want your macros copied to. Once you are in that folder, right click again and select 'paste'. You'll get a pop asking what you want to do. Select the replace option. Done.
Might wanna make a copy of that User Data for backup file before you start ------------ just in case!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
UO macro or UOASSIST macro.
different depending on which one you are wanting.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If you use the Classic Client, then search on your Computer for the EA Games Folder / Ultima Online Legacy or Stygian Abyss (you can even choose both) / User Data / Your Account Name (I guess you will have only 1 Name in that Folder). And in that Folder you can choose a Shard and from that Shard you can choose a Char and can copy the File to another Shard Folder and rename the File just after on of your other Char Names. Start your UO Client, Loggin and you will have all Macros from your first Char on one of your other Chars.
you shouldnt take the chardata.mul or the uo.cfg files over, just the desktop.uos, macros2d, multicache and skillgrp.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
just in case your wanting to take your uoassist macro's over here is the chain to follow to do it.

Documents
-- Computer
---- OS (C:) *or whichever drive you have it saved on*
------ Program Files (x86) *may also just be under Program Files - again depends on your computer*
-------- UOAssist
---------- UOA-Settings
------------ Account Name
-------------- Shard
----------------- Character Name OR!!!! ID Number *depends on the format you've chosen to save it as*

once in there you can choose a couple things to take over from the hotkeys to any of the 16 macros to the resources. just take the file(s) you want and move them over to the new file on the new shard.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
speaking of copying stuff over....

couple years back once i got over 200 developed characters i needed to simplify things so i switched over to running the same macros and desktops for types of characters.

so all characters that have magic have the same desktop and macro clusters.
warriors have theirs.
thieves have theirs.

then i take that desktop for the group and i copy it to ALL the same characters on every shard in the game.
that way dosnt matter what shard i log into or what character the macros and desktop and skill groups are the exact same for that character type.

made things a LOT easier to do.
its nice when you can hop onto a character you haven't been on in years and roll out into a fight instantly and not have to spend time to get everything all set up.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
speaking of copying stuff over....

couple years back once i got over 200 developed characters i needed to simplify things so i switched over to running the same macros and desktops for types of characters.

so all characters that have magic have the same desktop and macro clusters.
warriors have theirs.
thieves have theirs.

then i take that desktop for the group and i copy it to ALL the same characters on every shard in the game.
that way dosnt matter what shard i log into or what character the macros and desktop and skill groups are the exact same for that character type.

made things a LOT easier to do.
its nice when you can hop onto a character you haven't been on in years and roll out into a fight instantly and not have to spend time to get everything all set up.
I do something similar. It does make shard/account hopping from char to char seamless.