• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cool Player Names. Post them here.

G

Hail: What are some of the Cool names of players you have made, or seen in the game over the last 10 Years? Seen any that were allowed before, but not now?

Sir Kills A Lot
Sir Steals A Lot

These are my two. I got the idea after meeting the guy with the coolest name ever at the time, 9+ years ago. " Sir Lags A Lot"

The best one i saw that is not allowed anymore, was a Female called, Bushy Beaver. hehehe, really.

I

imported_kinney42

Archer - Shoots at Stuff
Tailors - Janet Reno (wearing a big blue dress obviously)
Scuzzel Butt
Evil McEvilpants
Dusty Bottoms
Stitchin Steve
Fighters - Chuck Denomulous
Nimble Fingers
Mage/Weaver/Nerco - Sally Drycrotch

G

"a jellyfish" was a pk on Europa some years ago whom I only encountered when hunting in a couple of specific locations.

For pure silliness, it's hard to beat the system message:-

<font color="red"> *a jellyfish is attacking you!* </font>

G

I like Petra Fyde &amp; Terry Fyde's character names. Petra also has a Molly Fyde.

Queen Zen had a char named Hughes of Gray that was her "fall guy" whenever she wanted to scout/explore on Siege. I always thought that was cute.

There was a char on Siege named Shoeless Seth who was obsessed with people not wearing footwear, and used violent means to get them to remove such.

Grifty McBegg is another I thought was cute - I think he was a mod on one of the forums here, and had a char by the same name who was a beggar.

-Skylark

S

Sergul'zan_SP

I remember Pre-AoS there was a guy on atlantic named "Uber McNoober."

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I saw one guy last year at Luna gate with the name "Sofa King" and the guild title "Wee Todd Did"....

Then there's my acquaintance, The Minstrel Flo (whose name got changed forcibly without the "The"). There was also Richard Cranium.

My Tailor is named Andy, with the guild title "Sheriff of Mayberry"

And, anyone appreciate the irony that the profanity filter prohibits the name "Constitution" for a pet (I was naming pets for famous warship names)?

I

imported_Lariat

Cheap Shot - stealth archer
Van de Kamp - fisherman
Iocane Powder - DP fencer (Iocane powder was the fictional poison used in the Princess Bride)

G

<blockquote><hr>

"a jellyfish" was a pk on Europa some years ago whom I only encountered when hunting in a couple of specific locations.

For pure silliness, it's hard to beat the system message:-

<font color="red"> *a jellyfish is attacking you!* </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, that would be funny.

My rune beetle is named A Blackberry Cobbler, and my valorite blue cu sidhe is named A Blueberry Cobbler.

Poor Castor has been killed both by a blackberry cobbler, and a blueberry cobbler, although that was never my intent.

-Skylark

G

I have a smith in named "Armon Hammer" {Arm and Hammer}(I use that name alot in games that allow you to create dwarves, that seems like a dwarf name, to me).

I have a smith/tailor named "an orc" so I can produce stuff "Crafted by an orc".

I had an idea for a Tailor. Name a male char "N Taylor", GM Tailoring, and get him to 'Lord' status... clothes "Crafted by Lord N Taylor" {Lord and Taylor}.

I have "a treasure map completed by the Smithsonian" (I created a throw-away char for that on purpose).

I was attacked by a PK named "a flying saucer".
<font color="red"> *a flying saucer is attacking you!* </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mama is mychef/tailor
Spyder Kittyn, my new sowrds bush/pally
Lil Beggums, yup you got it lol
My Alter Ego
The Undead
My True Love is my new tailor/chef
Oh and everyones favorite for some reason, My Heinie

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LARISA! *laughs* no...

I like to have unique names for my charactors...my personal ones.

Devious Desire
Malicious Intent
Shrouded Darkness

My best friend in the whole world used to play and his archer was named Head Shot.

The first person I met in game, soon thereafter was my GM Frank N Furter.

Lots of cool names

S

Seismic

My pure bard's name is Seismic. Though I think that would fit better with a beefy warrior type

I

imported_thenow

Partof Ubiquity
Ore Fin[a miner who's parents were killed in the Trisnic invasion]
Arhaniel[means A - rhan[shamanic healing wand]-iel[as in angels name]
Optim Mystic
Smokey Star[smithy/miner]
Molly Kewl [alchemist]
Gravity [You were killed by Gravity!!]
Solaris La'Raen

PS- One I've never used but thought would be good for pvp also is Demonica, female char ofcourse.

I

imported_Sarphus

I had a char named Lipitor, but I don't use that name anymore because I think you can get in trouble for it.

I have a char named Fun. I'm known to spout riddles and run around shouting "WHEE!"

I've had other funny character names, but they're so funny I forgot them. Just pretend I shared them with you and laugh about it.

G

Ive got characters on a few diff. shards named Short Bus.
Some funny names ive seen are
Dutch Oven
Umpa Lumpa
Special Edd
Frumunda

G

Thank you Skylark

The Fyde family (females mine, males my husband's)

Petra Fyde, Clarrie Fyde, Molly Fyde,
Terry Fyde, Dan D. Fyde, Gnu B. Fyde, Tez T. Fyde.

Other relations:
Runlykell, Joy Nerry, Piper Lullabie, Heidi Ninfel, Xorartep, Barry Coodah
Nick Delute, Sam O'Rye, Con Jurer.

I

imported_Isosceles

Isosceles - Smith, Tailor, Tinkerer
Nimblefingers - Thief
Sheik Yerbooti - Necro Warrior

baxcir

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In keeping with Truth in Advertising laws, my characters on TC are always named Sir Dies Alot.

Far from original, but I amuse myself!

D

DVDA

I have GM weapons made by a smith called "The Gods"

pretty cool actually to read, "a katana exceptionally crafted by The Gods"

I also have a character on Europa called "George Dubya"

G

One made me laugh out loud when I saw it on LS WAAAAY back pre-UO:R.

Jesus H Christ

(the 'H made it funny as hell)

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a char called 'I know the ABC'. I used him to run around in full phoenix armor in fel back in the day. Sooo many people have PKed him (or tried to). It probably was his pink neon hair.

I always liked the name 'Jean LootPKard.' Not that I like Star Trek, but the name always made me grin.

K

kennykilleduo

On LS there was Poopy Diapers ( not sure if spelled that way) , my first run in with this player was no fun , dying in a far off area , 3 days into UO...

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Named in open admiration of the Fyde family puns...

My Sampire...

Juan D'Yattatyme

S

Sang

Coolest names were always the ones I loathed seeing back in the days when LS first opened:

Magical Bubba all dressed in different neon colored clothing
Xavori and his dark grey outfit and warfork

I'll never forget those times!!

G

My necro (that I trained for approx 5 mins before I was bored and eventually deleted) was called Nick Rofillia.

I liked the name of the Cyrano de Bergerac inspired guy I saw years ago in Haven on Europa - Norma Snose.

I

imported_JediSith

Doesnt anyone know if **** - is allowed based on the clothing line....
French Connection United Kingdom

I

imported_Hinotori

I have a tailor named Lord of Nightmares and my all purpose crafter mule is named Mother Nature.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had a crafter on Pacific for about 5 years named "an Illegal Alien"

I've met another player with the exact same name.

Toguro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Asians Cant pvp - some guy in test center
a mexican - a thief on pacific pre UO:R

those 2 I will always remember haha

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I forgot my husbands thief...Stickup with his beetle Hold Up.

B

Bullseye_of_Atl

My main charaters name is not original, by a longshot, but I have been using it since, maybe the early 80's. Back when table top arcade games were around. There was one called Moon-Cresta...it was along the lines of Galactica....I used the name Bullseye as my high score handle.....then in the late 90's when I drove OTR....my handle was Bullseye....on another note, my bug I ride is The Stormout....lol

peace

D

dsnchanted395

My legendary tailor on lake superior is called Nimble Fingers... then on pac ive seen some good ones like The Pitcher, The Catcher, An Alcoholic (hes a crafter) and someone obviously in love with McDonalds... Mick Flurry

G

I liked Furious George...and yes, he wore a yellow hat.

I've always loved my own char names Sonomian Royality and Bajan Royality.

and as a side note...the Only house name that has made me giggle every single damn time i read it...here on Baja...

"ba na na na na na duck sauce" no freakin idea wtf it means but makes me laugh

G

Some of y'all might have seen me on Pacific

My first char my 14 year old son created
"WhosYourDaddy" (thief)guild title..DeadMeats Evil Twin"
Since I was dying on a regular basis in Fel 7 years ago...
"DeadMeat" (then swords now tamer/mage)guild title..The good half
This lead me to name my next guy...
"Innocent Victom"(archer) guild title...Innocent Evil
I created a char for the wife but she never got into the game...
"Mom" (tailor/cook/mule) guild title...Mother of all Evil
When I turned 50 I created..
"The Old Fart" (swords/chiv) guild title...Ancient Evil

The guild titles fit since my lil guild is....

"333 Half Evil" H^E

I

imported_dexdash

in my younger days i made a carpenter named "Hard Wood" sigh

G

Those are mighty strange names for a player ... I could see a character named like that, but a player? (j/k ... well, it's sortof related to an old pet peeve)

(I don't have any good examples to add ... I tend to be a fan of finding people with simple classic names, like Woody for a grandmaster carpenter)

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My favorite character name is Slippy.

I had a friend whose last name was 'Latou' so I created a last name for most of my characters using that to make Latobian.

J

joblackjon

I have:
Kilgore Trout
Arma Gheddon
Ludd Ite
Andrac of Sooth

For gift collection, I have had:
Kukla Fran N Ollie
Hem Roidal
Pax Vobiscum
Toot N Cummen
Pappa New Ginny
Kee Bored
Inn Ann Out
Plenty Otoole
Camel Snot
Limp Rest
Nock Turn
N Ema
Yamoto Tomato

G

i have a char, "Nosmo King", an alias stolen from a famous comedian. got a light?

I

imported_Mark Trail

"Yourself" came from old Felucca, trying to form "You shove yourself out of the way." He is a crafter, so his items are named "made by yourself."
And for those who like to skirt illegal words, he is now "Lord yourself."

I am a classical guy, so my tamer is named Mark Trail. That was a prime Sunday comic strip when I was a kid.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started UO right around the same time I picked up my first copy of Diablo II. In UO I wanted to be a merchant. So the last name of my char is Gheed after the merchant in the first act of Diablo II (in the Rouge Encampment). Heh, little did I know Diablo would have such an impact on this game.

H

Heskal The II

Hottie Mcboobs was my favorite or Dorothy Mantooth from acnchor man was my dp fencer

G

I had a character named Holocaust (named after the comic book character in the Age of Apocalypse Xmen series) which the GMs wound up taking away.

so since two of the words definitions were

1. a great or complete devastation or destruction, esp. by fire.
2. a sacrifice completely consumed by fire; burnt offering.

and I was listening to In Flames (a band) alot then, I picked that up as a name. It seemed to be a fitting replacement.

Ashura Mazda. I derive that from the first monotheistic religion (Zoroastrianism). The gods name was actually Ahura Mazda. The whole thing ties into a real life project which I really don't want to bring up yet, let alone here.

Cyrus the Virus. I named this one when me and a few buddies of mine (no longer playing) all were making characters with names like that. (Frank the Tank and Mack the Snack). I know it was in con-air, no I didn't name it after that. It just rhymed, and I used to have a character named Virus.

Mammoth. My buddy calls me this from time to time (I'm big tough and mean irl GRRR! ^^ and he's abnormally hairy, so I call him Wooly, it all works out) We even have a theme song =P

a ghost. Funny party message. That's all.

Dead Reckoning. The zombie slaughtering vehicle from the movie Land of the Dead. I'd heard it before so I looked up what the phrase meant, and it turned out to basically mean guessing where you're at. So I felt it was appropriate for my spawn scouting stealth archer. Not sure exactly why they named a big freaking zombie mashing tank that, but atleast when I use it, its more then just trying to sound cool =P

Vomitron. A random metal band that covered the Ghostbusters theme. No clever thought behind this one. Although if I put necro on him now after thinking about it it'd be funny ^^

Acid Bath. A band, you should hear the song Scream of the Butterfly or Venus Blue by them, graphic lyrics though for those who are more sensitive, but still beautiful songs.

OM. "The supreme and most sacred syllable".

I had a character named Kaiza, which despite it being an actual name, when I named the char that I had no idea. I'd been playing Final Fantasy: Tactics, and when I started playing it I went to change the main characters name from "Ramza" to Kain, but when I punched in the I and saw "Kaiza" on the screen, I liked it and kept it (then brought it with me to UO).

I also had a thief ages ago named Soltair Elendore. Not sure where the name came from. It was one of my very first chars when I startd and I mainly hung around Minoc and Vesper (catskills). There was a thief who I idolized back then (I was like 15, and he was a good thief, shut up. You don't know me!) named Machin Shin (which I thought was awesome, and thought was even awesomer when I read the books it comes from). I liked stealing on foot. The chase was the best part. I didn't have snooping, I didn't care what I stole, I just got into the thrill of trying to snag something and staying alive. I think the best part was when a mage tried to reveal me and I bolted, he'd cast an attack spell and I'd hide again. Rinse repeat for about 10 minutes before I was so busy laughing that he got me. Good times. Then sometime later I got into factions, but thats another story.

Ok, I want to get on to reading other stuff so I'm done typing this novel out.