• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cool Housing Idea.....I think.

Eon Blue Apocalypse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So we have vendor search.

Wouldn't it be cool, if we had the same thing, but for houses? Like when someone puts their house up for sale, you can search that house for sale on a search like VS, or all homes for sale come up on a list, maybe even have it come up on a map, and maybe even have the system set up where you can even buy it when they aren't on like an auction safe or whatever which would be an option for the house owner to use.

Also I think it would be cool if you can make bids on a persons house even if it isn't for sale and they can accept it, decline it, or put up on option to ignore all bids, etc.

Sorry a random thought :)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Wouldn't it be cool, if we had the same thing, but for houses? Like when someone puts their house up for sale, you can search that house for sale on a search like VS, or all homes for sale come up on a list, maybe even have it come up on a map, and maybe even have the system set up where you can even buy it when they aren't on like an auction safe or whatever which would be an option for the house owner to use.

Also I think it would be cool if you can make bids on a persons house even if it isn't for sale and they can accept it, decline it, or put up on option to ignore all bids, etc.

No..No need for apologies, its a good thought. On the same house searching item, put in the house vendor search or house search, something that would automatically tell us if the house is in danger of collapse. This would be a real BLAST. It would eliminate the scripter bots, that are going around 24/7 to look for IDOCs, and diminish the lag, and remove some of the corruption in the game. These are ideas and not too bad ones..

Eon Blue Apocalypse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
No..No need for apologies, its a good thought. On the same house searching item, put in the house vendor search or house search, something that would automatically tell us if the house is in danger of collapse. This would be a real BLAST. It would eliminate the scripter bots, that are going around 24/7 to look for IDOCs, and diminish the lag, and remove some of the corruption in the game. These are ideas and not too bad ones..
That is also an amazing idea lol.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they're going to do that, there should also be an idoc listing somewhere. If they're not going to do away with idocs, then let everyone know when every house is going into decay via bulletin boards.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

And while we are at it.... a check box on 'Vendor Search' to 'search current house' so I can find things in my own house. Too many crates and chests...

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like all IDOC's to be auctions. You bid on the house sign and if it hits full decay - the highest bidder gets it. If no bidders, then the house disappears. This would be a gold sink of sorts and stop the overpopulation of items in the game.

Eon Blue Apocalypse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I like the auction idea, especially if you can't see whats in it. Kind of like those storage wars bidding shows lol. And I agree, will take gold off the market. Kind of like a lottery, worst case scenario you get a house with nothing in it, best case scenario it's loaded.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ya, I really like this idea. More people would do IDOCs, and more scripters would be pwned :)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
And while we are at it.... a check box on 'Vendor Search' to 'search current house' so I can find things in my own house. Too many crates and chests...
Or a choice in the house gump that allows yu to look at all items in boxes etc, sorted!

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If we can search every container on every vendor thru VS, searching a house should be easy to code.

I've been wanting a house search for years. Too easy to forget where I put stuff sometimes no matter how hard I try to be organized.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For IDOCs I think a raffle system would be more fun!
Me too. Auctions just mean that the guy that already got rich off IDOCs will continue to get it all.

Raffle it off would be much better. Every account that clicks on the house sign during IDOC is eligible for the raffle. Random winner gets it all. OR Random winner get the contents and another random winner gets the house. There would have to be some solution to storing all the contents for the winner. House winner has the option to move in or sell it. If they decide to move in their primary house enters decay. If they decide to sell they have seven days to sell.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I totally agree this kind of idea is greatly overdue! :)

GREATLY.

However, just like doing a "vendor search" inside your own home... the staff is quick to say "no" to great ideas like that.

Listings on shard sections, houses for sale... its not remotely complete. Then you have outfits that all they do is resell houses... making more gold for themselves. I honestly believe this started back when I was new... or even sooner, when house transfers looked like a single blank scroll... and new/first-time house owners would get scammed by theses criminals because they didnt know to click on the scroll to see the house information. I myself worked for anyone who asked me to broker the deal, checking names, checking those data scrolls. Its long gone NOW! hehe. But the whole thing is a big racket in my book when its not all that hard to get a starter house for free.

Also, used to be really common for houses for sale, the owner would drop runes all over the common areas. You still see them! Still see listings in shard sections. Its just never complete or as nice as the above idea. I'm all for that. I just dont think the staff would remotely care/do. Sorry. Also, the auction part? YEAH... another good idea.