• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Converting X, Y coordinates to Sextant Coordinates

Zara

Adventurer
Some assist programs and clients use these x, y coordinates instead of sextant coordinates on their map. Does anyone know if there is a formula or something to convert one from the other?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
EC and cartographer can toggle back and forth between the two types.

Zara

Adventurer
EC and cartographer can toggle back and forth between the two types.
I'm not using either of those, but would like to understand how they do it. I'd like to see if I can write a little program myself to convert back and forth like they do. Any idea how it's done? Is there a formula?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Not a clue to be honest. I have always been of the mindset "why recreate the wheel". If there is already something that does that, why make something new that will do that. If you are bound and determined, I pulled this up from a "map cordinates ultima online" google search. remember, Google will always be your friend. UO Stratics - The Geography of UO

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, there's this online resource I put together a few years ago by converting the old tool one of the FCB chapters or other fishing guild did almost 2 decades ago, though I had to get a lot of help to do so. It converts degrees and minutes to the x,y for putting the results into a UOAM or UOCartographer .map file. The file also has the data you need to convert the other direction (the ratio between degrees and the other system, and where the 0,0 point in Degrees is in the other system), but isn't set up for doing the conversion to degrees, only coming from degrees.

I have a version of the T-Map tab that works for all facets as a Corel/WP Quattro file, but it breaks when I try to convert it to a Google Sheet.
If someone wants to make the proper edits, here's the information you need.

1. You would need to change the "Facet" column to take a number from 0 to 6 instead of T or F
2. You would need to change the code for the yellow area to take the number above and insert it in place of the or "0" in the code before the "TMAP". The last bit of of that code line would need to be changed to put the facet name instead of T or F, based on the number put in column G. (this is where my issue is - trying to fix it on my own has never worked).
3. The facet number codes are as follows:
  • 0 = Both Trammel & Fel (for SOS)
  • 1 = Felucca
  • 2 = Trammel
  • 3 = Ilshenar
  • 4 = Malas
  • 5 = Tokuno
  • 6 = Ter Mur and Eodon
UOAM/UOCart Spreadsheet

Last edited: