• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Converting to Mage armor?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I pulled out some new pieces and took them to the mage. I cant convert these gloves or my cuffs of the archmage. A leather gorget gets "what is this?"

What am i doing wrong?

upload_2017-12-18_16-12-1.png

upload_2017-12-18_16-13-39.png

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IIRC, you need to have the imbuing space available to add it. A normal leather gorget is by nature mage armor and doesn't need the property.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anything that has more than 4 magic properties, you cannot add mage armor to, but you're able to remove mage armor from anything.

at 250k a pop, you should (IMO) be able to add/remove Mage Armor anytime you choose, but leave it to EA/BS/UO to not want your UO gold either.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a cuffs of the Arch mage that says Mage Armor. This new one wont ler me add it.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cuffs of the Arch Mage comes as Mage Armor already. I made the assumption that I could take
the mage armor off and on to switch between chars, one who has med, one who has focus only.

Well, ya can't and I still kicking myself for that as play my med char way more often.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cuffs of the Arch Mage comes as Mage Armor already. I made the assumption that I could take
the mage armor off and on to switch between chars, one who has med, one who has focus only.

Well, ya can't and I still kicking myself for that as play my med char way more often.
Ok, so I bought some that had it removed. :(

Thanks all.