• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Conversion Human/Elf --> Gargoyle : Risks in doing it ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I have been able to understand so far, Gargoyles will have some particolar abilities which will differentiate them from Humans and Elves.

For example, their wearable slots are different, they have particolar ability in come "gargoylic crafting skills" which humans and elfs do not have and, who knows, perhaps there is more yet to be known.

I would imagine, if they have some pluses versus Humans and Elves in something, that they probably have also some "minuses" compared to them, that is, activities for which they are not as good as humans and elves.

Since many players have already their characters be them humans or elves scrolled up to 120 legendary in several skills and since to my understanding the use of a token to change from Human/Elf into Gargoyle is a one way change only, I think players should know what all the deal with Gargoyles is BEFORE they actually convert any of their Humans or Elves into a Gargoyle because, otherwise, they could regret their decision based on LACK OF SUFFICIENT INFORMATIONS......

What if a player has a character all scrolled up to 120 in skills that a Gargoyle is very poor at, but the player is not aware of this. The character is converted into a Gargoyle and THEN, the player finds out how poorly the Gargoyle performs in those skills ?

A BUNCH of Legendary powerscrolls costed MILLIONS throwned down the drains....

The player will then need to spend another bunch of millions to scroll up to Legendary another character, be it a Human of an Elf to replace the lost one because of the convertion into a Gargoyle.

My point is, that players should get to know clearly in all that a Gargoyle excels and in all that a Gargoyle is not as good.

Only in such a way it will then be possible to make a responsible decision as to what scrolled up character to convert into a Gargoyle.

Problem is, that in order to find out all abilities of a Gargoyle or "dis-abilities" of a gargoyle trying to test all of the skills for a good while would be extremely time consuming and would mean only doing that, not play the game much.......

I think, since this information is important to allow players to make a responsible decision as to which scrolled-up character to convert into a Gargoyle, and given that there is no quest possible back and forth (in case a player regrets the decision made) Human/Elf and Gargoyle, it should be the Developers to release this information.

Which is, what are all of the pluses of Gargoyles and all of the minues of gargoyles as in regards to all of the skills existing in the game.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't ride mounts - no swamp dragon armor benefits.
Different wearables.
Not useable archery skill, not sure about auto conversion to throwing.

Darhon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gargoyles will require you to built new equipment, only the jewelry and weapon may be used from "old world".
Alter existing armor will be worst idea ever, resists will be lower than you can buy in shop or craft.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't ride mounts - no swamp dragon armor benefits.
Different wearables.
Not useable archery skill, not sure about auto conversion to throwing.

So definately if would not be a good idea to use a character scrolled to 120 archery......

Are there any other skills which Gargoyle cannot use or that they will be not so good at using?

What about crafting skills like smithying, tailoring, tinkering, alchemy and so forth ?

Are there handicaps at using Gargoyles with any other skills ?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
popps, my advice would be to make a gargoyle character on a test shard and use it extensively before you make the conversion. You can do that today to get a taste of things if you log onto Retribution. However, I'm sure once the expansion goes live, there will be another test shard to replace Retribution where you can play around with making new gargoyle characters and even probably practice using the conversion token (say "give tokens" on a test shard to get a variety of tokens). As far as I know, the conversion token isn't out yet and you can't test it, but presumably it will be added to the test center "kit" later. People may just have to jump up and down and holler a bit if the devs forget.