• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Conversation Gump Issues

L

LadyArden

Hi,
Just returning to the game since KR came out. I'm trying to do Elwood's collector quest but one of the "Conversation event" gumps (ie when I talk to the Impresario to get the sheet music) is all messed up. I can't progress without logging out, logging into 2-d and logging back in. I've just downloaded KR from US and updated and patches have installed.

Is this old? Fixed? Is there a workaround other than logging?

Many thanks for any help with this issue. See Image below for a better idea when I say "unreadable". Ps. If I click on "I" or "No" buttons, neither one will actually get the sheet music from the guy. Cheers!

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the non-programming players, 1 means true or yes in this case. That should help you a bit.

L

LadyArden

Um, thanks JC Builder for a reply, but I thought I specified that clicking neither button actually aquires the sheet music? It's not a 1, it's the start of the option "I would like to buy some sheet music" which in 2-d you would toggle to "yes" and then click okay. Clicking the left button that says "I" closes the conversation event but does not advance the quest.

I think this one mucks up because it requires a toggle choice and then an "okay" pressed.

This quest also screws up in KR when it comes to the images the toymake asks for. Instead of a full list of the creatures, there is only one creature visibly listed in the conversation gump. There is no side bar to scroll with either. So again my only solution has been to log out and check in 2-d.

Sheesh, I might as well start playing in 2-d at this rate. I kinda figured by now this kinda stuff would be resolved in the new client.

Any input that helps me not have to log out-in-out-in again is much appreciated. Anyone else ever see this, or am I the only one still doing collectors quest? LOL.
Cheers all.

B

BartofCats

report it as a bug... its possible that it will be in Cal's magic bag o'fixxes on the horizon... however, the only work around you have figured out already... back to 2D to complete the quest.

J

Joyous2K

No help from me. Sorry. It is good to make note of it on Stratics AC and submit at least one bug report, that is clearly stated. Maybe try to submit it to the UO feedback too.

Based on Cal's statements: If this is an old quest or whatever that is (I've never done that quest), it may not be as important as putting out the next event, so it will never get fixed. I respectfully bow at you not having this known and clearly stated problem fixed. Also, KR fixes are few and far between, but there always more coming at some undefined point in the future.

Eh, who knows, you could have the golden ticket with your clearly stated bug report.

L

LadyArden

Thanks Joyus2k and BartofCats! This is an old quest, the one that makes the obsidian statues. It's probably really low priority, except it must be such an easy fix... *shrugs*

I'll report it as UO bug in as much as possible with the stratics forums being down/temp. Thanks and I appreciate your replies!