• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Control Shift Trouble

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the last few days my Control + Shift will not pick up Gold or pull LifeBars. Is this a lag issue or can I alter my settings to get it working properly again.

Thank you, in advance, for the help.

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
But you do get the handle bars when pressing ctrl+shift? You just can't drag anything from those bars?
If you don't get any handle bars at all, I would suspect some other program which occupies / prevents UO from getting this keyboard input.

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do get the Bars, I just can't drag them. And the lag increase as I do it now/

Should I change my Appearance Settings maybe?

Thank you Lord Obsidian

Last edited:

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*bump*

I am at a loss; it is still giving me trouble. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Fogsbane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check to see that "Pointer Speed" is not turned on under the Control Panel?
Control Panel / Ease of Access Center / Make the keyboard easier to use / Set up Mouse Keys / (Pointer Speed section ) / [uncheck] "Hold down CTRL to speed up and SHIFT to slow down" ?

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, Fogsbane! I will give that a shot.

And yuck. That didn't work either. I am not sure what changed last week. This is kind of frustrating, hehe. Of course, it doesn't help that I know so little about computers.

*sighs*

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Freeze (lag) in mouse movement when using mouse button + CTRL or SHIFT?

Have you installed any new software onto your computer lately? Make sure all your windows update are done and also make sure all your drivers are updated? Are you using a wireless mouse? Some you can change the frequency on or maybe install some new batteries.

I know it seems a stretch lol but it might help.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯