• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Control Difficulty and Training

neckbones

Adventurer
I'm training a nightmare, currently nearing the end of 4 slot, and it seems to be getting more difficult to control. I have 120 taming (with gear), and when I was farming boura pelts for my crafter I had to tell the nightmare 4-5 times to attack.

Does control difficulty scale to how bad ass the pet is?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm training a nightmare, currently nearing the end of 4 slot, and it seems to be getting more difficult to control. I have 120 taming (with gear), and when I was farming boura pelts for my crafter I had to tell the nightmare 4-5 times to attack.

Are you feeding?

gwen

Slightly Crazed

Tell your pet"all follow me" then "all guard me" once after feeding.
attack boura (or other targets) with any spell/weapon
This way 110 taming /lore is totally enough.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Still working on Lore, it's around 104 but I can't imagine it need that much more work. Is this the calculator you mentioned?
(edit: yes of course it is... you provided the link :p)

View attachment 123893
104 really not good for 108 requirement pet. If your Nightmare is at 4the slot it needs 108. But better be above 108.
Lore is trained very easy.
Having 120 tame and 104 Lore pet will fail to obey more often then with 110/110
Get jewels set to command pet. 13 tame lore vet Margery ring and bracelet
need no special ingredients.
Screenshot_20211130_011216_com.huawei.browser.jpg
Screenshot_20211130_010736_com.huawei.browser.jpg

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I keep it at wonderfully but I guess I need to go finish lore
Grab 5k bandages, ask any pet to attack ortanord, vet heal your pet. Or same with shadow elemental in Yomotsu mines if you also want to train pets skills.
Can use boura if you train your parked somewhere pet resser , for example, who has no taming.

neckbones

Adventurer
Grab 5k bandages, ask any pet to attack ortanord, vet heal your pet. Or same with shadow elemental in Yomotsu mines if you also want to train pets skills.
Can use boura if you train your parked somewhere pet resser , for example, who has no taming.
Great suggestions, I think I'll head to the mines and find a shadow elem later. Thanks!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Once you get a three skill gain will be fast as you just use consume damage over and over
You can gain by using combat training and clicking a pet over and over. Any primer works. Dude probably does not have 40M for a 3.

neckbones

Adventurer
You can gain by using combat training and clicking a pet over and over. Any primer works. Dude probably does not have 40M for a 3.
Truth, lol... can't afford it just yet. I've been spamming combat training and that seems to be doing the trick

Dimax

Adventurer
Professional
Supporter
Please explain combat training, clicking a pet over and over again ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have any level taming mastery. Cast the spell Combat training. Click pet. Do not choose anything. Repeat.

Taming goes up. But it is very slow also.