• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Contest! Win an SA Beta Code!

L

Lady Mana

Seems Stupid Miner beat me to the punch... but anyway! Who's going to participate?

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a Stygian Abyss beta.
I am in the Stygian Abyss beta.

just wanted to say it :danceb:

W

walletinspector

I'm curious as how EA selected the beta testers. Did I need to 'know' someone to get picked or was it random? I think I have an above average system and I've been playing UO since 98. I try to participate in shard events when my schedule allows it. Many of the circle of friends I play UO with knew about the beta, but only a handful got accepted into beta.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
honestly im almost positive it isnt a who you know issue!
i am guessing here!! but i think it was more of a luck of the draw thing! aside from the contest winners and focus testers who were in long before they mentioned the closed beta
i imagine from the amount of people who applied and the questions on the application, i think it was totally random lucks of the draw based on some system specs...but again im only guessing!, we probably will never know