• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Contest! 250K gc

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice idea, but I fear the response will be minimal. These days 250k is no longer a large amount although it might have some appeal to newer players. However, if I tell you that a on certain website, 2 of these sashes are being offered for sale, one at 9 Million and the other at 5, you will understand what I am saying.

Archibald

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for your feedback.

Yea ive seen the crazy prices ppl are asking for those sashes... but asking prices are not selling prices.
the 4 mil spread in price tells me they are trying to fish for a market price..
On this type of item, with no type of Mod boost, and relative easy to get, it just makes it RP bling.

If someone REALLY wanted one you can goto any dead shard to get them most of the time with ease and find a friend with a shard shield and its free, or at lest a minimal cost..prolly under 1 mil depending on how hard you try.

..the 2 listed at 9 & 5 mil are currently off shard.
I would never pay that price for them..even tho some may..how long will they sit there?
this system has been around awhile now and everyone that has
really REALLY wanted an item off the huntsmaster list has gotten one.

The purpose for this contest/post is to give ppl something to do, attract some attention to Skara, and to offer a lil bit of cash back for their troubles, and make a post for ppl to see their name up in lights in a competition RP setting.

People do the hunting whether or not i even post about it.
But since i posted at least 5 ppl i know of have been trying just for that reason.
(small # of extra ppl i know, but ya gotta start somewhere)

Whether or not ppl sell me sashes is up to them.
250k might seem a small amount, but its really just compensation for participating, i found that to be the average price someone is willing to risk to try to get a trophy spot.

The real goal for me ( or any post i make while being governor)
isnt buying sashes...its to have one of the champs declare Skara loyalty in a RP setting and accept the special Gov title, ( thats part of the contest in the OP),
that i will give them upon winning with special fanfare with plans to get them noticed in a more elaborate post upon contest conclusion.
Those ppl, will just wear the sash and wouldnt sell them anyway.

And for those who win and dont want to declare Skara, at least they could get most of the money spent on the Huntsmaters deeds back by selling me the sash if they chose to do so.
They still would get included in the winners post whether they do or not.
or they can choose whatever item they wish and sell at their discretion.

Thats my real goal for the target audience.

If i offered 10 mil for a sash..yea a mass of ppl would try..but then take the $$ and run.

250k may be a lil low , but for right now, i dont have a huge bankroll.

Since that i have promised to keep this contest open for at least 3 months, means i have to keep at least 6.75 mil in reserve cash in the worst case scenario for payouts out of my own pocket just in case.

In the coming months, as resources and participation grow, so to will the prizes.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a loyal member of the Vesper Trade Company I will be unable to swear loyalty to Skara, but this topic was the entire reason I found out about the questline. It's a fun little questline. Though so far in 3 days I've spent about 3 million on deeds and only set one record :) The hunt continues.

So yeah. While I can't declare for Skara, I thank you for running this event at the very least. Even if my bank balance does not!

Archibald

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Congrats to the June Huntmaster Champions!

To claim your 250k for the sash, PM me or reply in this thread..TY!