• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Contemplating a comeback...again...

TheflY of LS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, I have left and come back about a million times over the years. Thankfully the last time I left, I held on to my accounts. I was thinking about re-activating, but everything I'm reading thus far seems so confusing. It has literally been years since I played on a regular basis. I suppose it's not a huge investment to re-activate one of my accounts and check things out, but I thought I would get some perspective before I did so. Will I be completely lost?

Also, wanted to say hello to @AirmidCecht and @Salmar . I miss you both!

Christina Kardos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hello ! Well uo is a huge game and sometimes can prove to be challenging... but you know that already :) . With that been said it depends on what you are planning to do if you decide to come back! Houses are still very fun and so is pvp and pvm - at least for me . The options and things to do are endless...

I think that you should reactivate one of your accounts and see the changes for yourself. Remember that if you have any questions or concerns these forums are you best friend ;)

TheflY of LS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you much for your reply, @Christina Kardos . I am still on the fence about whether to reactivate or not, but I am leaning towards giving it a whirl. The worst thing that could happen would be that I absolutely can't stand it, and lose out on a few bucks, right? How busy is LS nowadays? I am not delusional enough to think I will see as many people running around as I did years ago, but it would be nice to have some interaction with folks, that's for sure. I spent years being a lonely old crafter, and was quite content doing that, but I'm afraid that line of work is no longer lucrative to make a UO living anymore with all of the imbuing/enhancing changes I have been reading about. Seems that in order to live that lifestyle you have to have a hefty bit of backing in the form of gold, which, I'm fairly certain in all my years of UO held no more than a few million across all my bank accounts. Haha.

Christina Kardos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
To be honest I play Atl, but from what I ve seen LS has some active people... you will not be alone. From my experience servers such as LS are the home of some very kind and helpful people.

As far as making a living pvm is much more profitable than crafting nowadays... at least thats what I ve seen.

Reactivating a single account and checking the game is not expensive right? If you come to regret it tell yourself you went to the cinema and saw a bad movie - they cost the same ;).

Btw you may be interested to know that the devs have announced a new expansion which from what I ve heard should be interesting!

TheflY of LS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I think you have twisted my arm enough, @Christina Kardos ! Haha. I will give it a try during the long weekend and see where I end up. Hopefully I can pick a suitable account, as I see I have 5 linked to me. Haha. Thank you very much for the information provided, and your encouragement! I really do appreciate it.

Christina Kardos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
No problem! Have fun! Do check these forums from time to time, they are a great source of info and a great place to meet some really nice people :)