• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Containers and chat window issues

P

pgcd

Bugs first:
1) My blue beetle backpack (and any container therein) is a legacy container even though everything else is in grid or list mode.
2) It would be nice if items dropped in a gridview container either went always in the same spot, or in the first free spot - as it stands, sometimes they appear way down (which might explain some of the "my stuff is gone" problems).
3) It's *very* hard to open the right container when they are above each other. In my home I have several stacked rarewood chests, and it regularly takes ten tries or so before I can open the bottom one. Ctrl-shift doesn't help, either, since the labels are not correctly aligned.
4) If you change the font and add timestamps, the chat window cuts off the last line/s.
5) This is probably my fault, but I can't seem to find where to change *my* overhead text color.

Also, a couple of suggestions:
I think it would be nice to be able to either resize grid/list containers or have them autoscroll when the cursor is placed on the scrollbar - right now, if you have to move an item from the first row to, say, the tenth, you need to move it to the fourth row first, then to the eighth etc.
It would also be a very good thing if the mouse wheel and mouse buttons were freely assignable and modifiable - for instance, I'd like to be able to use ctrl-wheelup/down to select friends, and alt-wheelup/down to select objects...

Finally - did I already mention that EVs really shouldn't be "enemy" targets outside Fel? I suppose there is already a function in place to check if a mob's AI is aggressive (that is, if there is a chance that the mob would target you) - would it be so very difficult to use *that* function to select the "enemy" mobs, instead of simply using their color?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To change overhead text color rightclick the red icon below the chat window.

Select chat colors, then in the menu press the words Your speech.
Then you can slide the 3 sliders below it to make any color you want for your character speech.

P

pgcd

Thank you, Frarc.

There's something else that I think should be looked into: hotbars stack recall runes even if they are marked (for different places). I kinda doubt it's intentional, even though it might be handy for big runemarking sessions, depending on the actual result of casting mark on hotbar-stacked runes.