• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Container gump size...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I'm a fan old the "normal" gump size because it's what I'm use to. I only started looking at the larger gump size option for a ships hold to better lay out fish etc.

That said, it seems to only affect the bank which realistically I could care less about.

Edit: Quoted question for Paiwan's sake...
Is there any way to translate this bigger gump size to anything besides the bank, like a ships hold, even with say a customization skin which last I knew as of about 20yrs ago, UO allowed.
I could care less about a bigger gump anywhere else in the game even though, yes I see it's advantages. But would love to see it on a ships hold to avoid a bunch of shuffling around of fish to see what's in what stack to see if it's ready to be "deeded".

Ty.

Edited by a moderator to remove inappropriate language but keep the thread open.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Open more things. Many containers have large gumps now.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Open more things. Many containers have large gumps now.
I didn't feel the need to open every possible gump in the game as I am really only interested in the one but I feel there's a bit of a snide-ness to that comment. Sorry I didn't feel the need to do just that, open more containers.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We are out killing stuff while you are worried about a container gump but you do not care to learn which ones give large gumps by opening them. Sorry Feel free to block me. If just looking at stuff and telling us about it is fun for you then. Yay.

Go do stuff.

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well the point is you could put two of the large chests in the hold, with the big gump you could sort the fish in one, then when ready you could make the deeds and put them sorted in the other chest. This is actually easier because you could then transport the deeds easily by just picking up the chest and take it home when the hold starts to fill up.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chests still limited by stone size so id need an (to me) obscene number of chests to FILL the hold / organize as needed so all are visible.

This is the perfect post to show the current situation of the Ingame and Forums, no matter if you come here for questions or a answers , if you dare to ask anything ingame, gen chat ir wtver, all you receive in return is: you noob, just quit, just die, go f@÷% yourself and so on. Too much grief, too much greed, all about what I want and screw everyone else?? Is that really a reality? Imagine this people irl.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I store my fish in my bank box in Large Crates...

FISHINGchests4.jpg
in three separate Large Crates...
A - K
L - R
S - Z

FISHINGchests.jpg
FISHINGchests2.jpg
FISHINGchests3.jpg

As you can see I did a crate for each alphabet letter that has fish for the quests.
if its a Cobie, you drop it into the C

when I got out doing SOS I fish along the routes and when I take my chests back to unravel, I just drop the fish in the bank.
Right now I don't have any fishing quests, but hope to get back into doing them again, after the new year.

When I was doing the fishing quests, I used to leave the fish in the hold but was constantly running out of space in the hold.
And it would always ask for fish I didn't have there, so its much easier to do it the way I am doing it.
but everybody has their own way of doing things

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BTW, the chests that have the new gumps are:

The Plain Metal Chests (not the ones with the gold/fancy trim). This includes the Rusted Chests from SOS.
Wooden Chests. This includes the wooden chests from SOS.
Crates (all).

And, yes, it sucks that the containers are limited to 400 in a boat when they are unlimited in the bank and other containers at home.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This thread has been cleaned up to include editing the original post. Please keep all posts civil and within the RoC.

Status
Not open for further replies.