• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Consume Damage

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm wondering if folks have any reports of using consume damage with their pets on high end stuff and how it's gone. I dropped eval on my tamer to bring taming and lore real skill to 120 and finally got my hands on a Vol III taming primer and I'm excited to see what the ole greater dragon can take down now.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thinking of trying on Scalis first chance I get
Tried it on Tuesday with my Greater. At just under 110 taming/120 lore, I still had to heal him regularly.

I helped a guy tame a Greater last night, bringing my own to tank. Turned on consume damage, let it wander around, and at one point it had 4+ dragons and 2 Greaters on it. The HP bar DIDN'T MOVE AT ALL. Naturally, it took a little time to kill everything, but I could easily go into pretty much any dungeon, leave my dragon in an area with heavy spawn, and as long as nothing aggro's on me, it would NEVER die.

Against certain things the ability doesn't seem to work, since they do a large amount of damage: Slasher/Stygian Dragon and Scalis are definites. I would assume Corgul and Blackthorn Captains fall under that umbrella as well.

BearCorpse

Adventurer
Tried it on Tuesday with my Greater. At just under 110 taming/120 lore, I still had to heal him regularly.

I helped a guy tame a Greater last night, bringing my own to tank. Turned on consume damage, let it wander around, and at one point it had 4+ dragons and 2 Greaters on it. The HP bar DIDN'T MOVE AT ALL. Naturally, it took a little time to kill everything, but I could easily go into pretty much any dungeon, leave my dragon in an area with heavy spawn, and as long as nothing aggro's on me, it would NEVER die.

Against certain things the ability doesn't seem to work, since they do a large amount of damage: Slasher/Stygian Dragon and Scalis are definites. I would assume Corgul and Blackthorn Captains fall under that umbrella as well.
Empowerment and Consume damage only work about Physical damage. They, powerful bosses melee has various elemental damage.
Ex:Stygian Dragon:25%Physical,50%Fire,25%Energy,Slasher:20%every
So these ability less effective with tanking bosses.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Empowerment and Consume damage only work about Physical damage. They, powerful bosses melee has various elemental damage.
Ex:Stygian Dragon:25%Physical,50%Fire,25%Energy,Slasher:20%every
So these ability less effective with tanking bosses.
Ahh. That's why. Good to know, thanks!