• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Constant Client Crash in Shame?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else client crashing after being in Shame for 10 Minustes?

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I was not in shame, however after i logged on the screen kept freezing up for 5-15 seconds at a time. Game was unplayable so logged off.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Seems to be everywhere... I logged out of Discord can't get back in... was having several crashes at the EM Event earlier... wasn't sure if it was an EC thing or what it was... but 3 or 4 of us were continually crashing... one even got telestormed twice.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ever since the line-of-sight (tm) changes I've been seeing a LOT of crashes in the EC that I swear seem to be elevation related. I can't count how many times I crashed going down the stairs in the sorcerer's dungeon. I crashed while running across the Pumpkin King's elevated platform soooo many times that I made a conscious effort never to step foot on it.

I've also had it happen in Destard and other places with uneven ground. I never crash on solid floors, roads, wilderness, etc. It's almost like the game can't see the next tile I'm supposed to be stepping on and says "eff u".

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My crashing was on the Classic Client and was using UO Assist. I even uni-stalled UO and reinstalled it. Crash kept happening. I switched over to the EC and have no problems with the EC.

I tried it with UO Assist and still crashed.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get the Message:

Ultima Online Client has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had a Windows Update today, so it quit crashing.