• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Considering making a Bard/Stealther/Lich Form (mana) for Fel Yew or Champ spawns.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To keep people alive while stealthing around with Invigorate (and inspire?) up in lich form with enough hp regen to not hit 1 life in this form. I was wondering if our bard songs would affect party members WITHIN RANGE if we are HID?

The template I was contemplating was:

120 music
100 hiding
40 stealth (need +40 in skills for 80)
120 focus
120 meditation
120 provoke
100 Necromancy (for lich form and wisp, need max negative karma for biggest mana back, and need HP Regen so I don't hit 1 HP in lich form)

Also do I need all the mana regen, or is that overkill do you think? If I don't need all the mana regen then an alternative would be to like instead of having focus or necromancy maybe pickup Ninjitsu to stealth around in dog form with the mastery on?

The whole Idea of having stealth and hiding though is so that I woudln't be BOUND to sitting in guard zone in fel yew, or so that I can atleast goto champ spawns and stealth around while healing partied members while hidden.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hahahahahaha

call me the master of simplicity!

k, so first off you cant stealth with a mastery on.
secondly you cant hide or stealth and use ANY barding skills.
they will all turn off seconds after you hide. (11 seconds)

k, as for your other questions, yes, that is WAY too much over kill for the med regen.
120 med is more then enough to keep up with both masteries on for peace and provo.
the disco ones are heavier of course.

AND the more people you have in your party the more mana used per ever 4 people (?)
but still, 120 in med and focus plus in lich, plus your suit, not only will you be way over in the diminishing returns but you probably wont come close to even needing that much mana.

best way to test this is of course going to test shard.
keep in mind that 30 MR is the effective cut off for mana regen with items and form.
so lich gives you..... gahd, i wanna say 18 MR???
so if your suit already has 12 MR then you are already at cap.
30 mana regen and anything past that isnt worth the effort for the extra 0.0000001 MR ya get, hehe

now.
riddle me this.... what you can do, with the refodging and the nice high MR stuff you can get from shame and wrong you can go get some MR 4 items and make a suit.
add in maybe the rune beetle carapace and the pendant of the magi and such. easily get your suit up to 20-30ish.
now you dont need necro.

so you save the points there.

chances are you wont need focus too.
so now your saving 240 points.

ok, and last thing to think about, sitting at the gate.
if you drop a disco mastery on someone, they will run off screen and its off them, but your still flagged on them.
so now your in trouble.
unless your GM running.

and if you party other people, when THEY attack someone and you have a mastery going YOU turn grey too. again, GM running.

and if you use the provo or peace mastery again they only work for on screen, so when the fight moves around like they do your left at the gate and of no help.

hope all the helps??!!??!!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Discordance: Title Desponder (These will be considered aggressive/negative actions)
* Discordance spell songs are affected by the target's magic resistance. (PvP and specific Mobs only)
* Tribulation: Target Hit Chance reduced by up to 32%, Spell Damaged reduced by 32% , Damage Taken can trigger additional damage between 8-32% of the damage taken once per second. (Discordance Based) (Chance to Trigger damage Musicianship Based). Damage bonus modified by 1.5 with Instruments. Upkeep cost 11.
* Despair: Target Strength Reduced by up to 32, 20 – 48 Damage (Physical), every 2 seconds. Damage is 1.5x vs Non Player, 3x Damage with Slayer Instruments. Upkeep cost 13.

Tribulation:
Bonus damage is no longer physical. Its a flat % of damage taken.
Duration (5-11 rounds) - 4x Legendary =14 rounds
Bonus Damge (8 - 32%) Base, 4x Legendary ( 50%)
Bonus Damage Chance ( 15 - 60%) Base, 4x Legendary (84%)
HCI/SDI Debuff (5 - 20%) Base, 4xLegendary (32%)

Despair:
Duration (5-11 rounds) - 4x Legendary =14 rounds
Damage (9 - 36) (Base) , 4x Legendary (48)
PvM Damage Modifier 1.5x
PvM w/Slayer Damage Modifier 3x
Strength Reduction (4 - 16) Base, 4x (22) (Subject to modifier for PvM and slayers)

Party spellsongs affect the bard, party members and pets of bard and party.
all that is from the bard FAQ.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
could 4/6 this be any fun playing with?

120 chiv

120 wrestle

120 med

120 music

120 resist

120 provoke

Z

Zero Day

could 4/6 this be any fun playing with?

120 chiv

120 wrestle

120 med

120 music

120 resist

120 provoke

I run this but 120 disco instead of resist.

4/6 because bards have FC 4 cap just like chiv.
I was thinkin of dropping the disco for Ninjitsu so I can drop some wrestling death strikes.
It is a fully defensive template, but I've gotten a few kills with despair, tribulation and holy light spam :)

Oh and one nice thing is that you can run down people using despair, its like moving shot archery, as long as you stay in range for the ticks.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
do you know how much ur despair and tribulation hit for on 120 resist targets, and is it a drag do u think that ur not able to curse them sinc eno magery?

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have u ever thought of dropping provoke for 120 resist and just running with 120 disco and music? Would this still be an effective template if you did that or do u need to be ATLEAST 3x bard (120 music and 120 in two other bard skills) for this to be effective?

Z

Zero Day

You can do it on a 2x bard. Though I'll correct my mistake its 120 peace not provo that I run with.

The damage I get on an all 70's 120 is about 9 dmg/tick. Tribulation gets a ~20% damage increase so I usually get more off of Holy light and trib tick rather than despair tick, but if I time my holy lights right they will tick between despair and ever so often i get the illusive double proc.