• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Connection Problems?

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is anyone else having trouble connecting to toontown or is it just me? :sad4:

I keep getting an error message about the Toontown download server and something about a firewall but I haven't changed anything on my computer and I was playing without problems just 12 hours ago.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

It went down for maintanence or for an update late last night....3 am EST. I just checked it too. It told me I could play but there would be interuptions. I didnt have time to try though. Maybe we got our new emotions but they are having problems with it. Maybe worth a little trouble to get them!!

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks! The U.S. site seems okay. I was able to log in just now.

It's just so frustrating. I was watching for the site to get back up and got all excited but something is wrong and I'm too computer illiterate to figure it out. It's either the franchise where I'm subscribed or something is wrong with my desktop.

F

Fangs McWolf

Toontown Game Server News: Attention All Toons: The Cogs have thrown a wrench into our system unexpectedly. You may experience interruptions during your game. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience!
More like, the programmers messed up somewhere and their egos can't admit to it. :)

June 25, 2008 [sv1.0.34.9]
The Toon Council is excited to announce the arrival of some Toontastic Member-exclusive items to Clarabelle's Cattlelog! There are five brand-new acting lessons and three brand-new clothing sets available for purchase by long-standing Toontown players within a special section of the Cattlelog. Check your next issue of Clarabelle's Cattlelog to see which ones are available to your Toon -- now and in the future.

Also, super-gardeners rejoice -- you can now plant a garden statue of any Toon in your account or any Toon on your Friends List! Four new gardening statues are available for purchase by expert gardeners with a Gold Shovel and a minimum of 639 Skill Points.

We have also added two new safety features. First, if another player is acting more like a Cog than a Toon, you can block them with the brand-new Ignore feature. Second, if a friend on your Friends List has decided to act less than favorable, and is breaking the Disney House Rules, you can escalate the issue to a moderator for review using the Report a Player feature. For more information on these new safety features, please click here.

Known Issues: Chat between Disney DXD and Toontown is temporarily disabled. Also, Player Friends are not visible on your Toon's Friends List. We expect this service to be restored soon, thank you for your patience!
Too bad you can't give the new emotions to others. I'll just have to wait for the next cattlelog (on Fangs) and then go broke. :D

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Fangs McWolf;75637 [quote said:
June 25, 2008 [sv1.0.34.9]
The Toon Council is excited to announce the arrival of some Toontastic Member-exclusive items to Clarabelle's Cattlelog! There are five brand-new acting lessons and three brand-new clothing sets available for purchase by long-standing Toontown players within a special section of the Cattlelog. Check your next issue of Clarabelle's Cattlelog to see which ones are available to your Toon -- now and in the future.

Also, super-gardeners rejoice -- you can now plant a garden statue of any Toon in your account or any Toon on your Friends List! Four new gardening statues are available for purchase by expert gardeners with a Gold Shovel and a minimum of 639 Skill Points.

We have also added two new safety features. First, if another player is acting more like a Cog than a Toon, you can block them with the brand-new Ignore feature. Second, if a friend on your Friends List has decided to act less than favorable, and is breaking the Disney House Rules, you can escalate the issue to a moderator for review using the Report a Player feature. For more information on these new safety features, please click here.

Known Issues: Chat between Disney DXD and Toontown is temporarily disabled. Also, Player Friends are not visible on your Toon's Friends List. We expect this service to be restored soon, thank you for your patience!
Too bad you can't give the new emotions to others. I'll just have to wait for the next cattlelog (on Fangs) and then go broke. :D[/QUOTE]

This note is what I was looking for but couldnt find!! A few of us were on when it went down last night rolleyes: and Dane was thinking it was the emotions!!! It really stinks that you cant gift them though. Why would it be any different then the other emotions!! I cant wait for the statues but I have like a week left to garden on sally.

I really hope that these new "safety" features will prevent certain toons from behaving in the way that seems to be running rampant in TT these days. (Man you were right on with this one too Dane) I wonder if it is just that they will review the chat logs or if they will be able to discipline a toon for say running ahead in the factory and killing the foreman before the others can get there and then laughing at the other toons. It has to be more than the chat logs I think because most of these incidents dont happen between SFs and it is behavior more than chat that is the problem. Really, if an evil toon runs ahead and kills cogs or isnt being fair or nice, it is the other toons that do the stinking and they are the ones who would have that on the chat record!

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm back on. There was something wrong with Norton software that was pre-installed in the computer. I had to look for an uninstaller online and that fixed it.

Yippee!

F

Fangs McWolf

Toontown Game Server News: Attention All Toons: We are sorry! Toontown will be closing for maintenance this morning from 9:30AM PST to 10:00AM PST. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience
Hope they're getting the big problems fixed now.

H

Holocog

The problems I think they're fixing have to do with speedchat.

Lag when saying something; a long pause before sound is made

Sf chat ever-so-slightly-faster-than-noramal might stop the message from showing up; probably a toontown attempt to stop fast and annoying sf chat

Also FREE OFFER TO BE A STAUTE IN MY GARDEN! ITS THE GREATEST HONOR EVER!(First come, fisrt served, Owner is not responsible for damage of property caused by statue)YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!

2 of my sfs were on the last course of the back 9 and got disconnected.... Id be steaming mad lol. :shots::shots::pint:

F

Fangs McWolf

Sf chat ever-so-slightly-faster-than-noramal might stop the message from showing up; probably a toontown attempt to stop fast and annoying sf chat
If they're going to do that, they should decrease the time restriction just a little. Leave it big enough to make a message stay on for a moment, but short enough that someone can say something more often than 1 every 5 seconds. Once per second would work.

Also FREE OFFER TO BE A STAUTE IN MY GARDEN! ITS THE GREATEST HONOR EVER!(First come, fisrt served, Owner is not responsible for damage of property caused by statue)YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!
I'm gonna pass. I suspect that your statue would be after feeding me to the cogs and then they give me back to you in statue form, so no thanks. :p

2 of my sfs were on the last course of the back 9 and got disconnected.... Id be steaming mad lol. :shots::shots::pint:
Tell them to do Middle 6's, it's faster overall (2 in same time as a 9, but more stock in return). :)

H

Holocog

If they're going to do that, they should decrease the time restriction just a little. Leave it big enough to make a message stay on for a moment, but short enough that someone can say something more often than 1 every 5 seconds. Once per second would work.
Aww but i dont wanna look like I have some talking mouth problem

I'm gonna pass. I suspect that your statue would be after feeding me to the cogs and then they give me back to you in statue form, so no thanks.
NO!!!! WE DIP YOU IN CEMENT THEN PUT YOU IN GARDEN(No pain, no gain) AND EVENTUALLY EVERYONE WILL FORGET WHO YOU ARE! BUT MAYBE I WILL FEED YOU TO THE COGS!!:rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2:TAKE MY ANGRY RANT SMILEYS!

Tell them to do Middle 6's, it's faster overall (2 in same time as a 9, but more stock in return). :)
ANd what is better? 4 middle 6's or 2 back 9's? I seee your point but that does make it seem longer.

F

Fangs McWolf

ANd what is better? 4 middle 6's or 2 back 9's? I seee your point but that does make it seem longer.
I don't recall how long two 6's are versus one 9, but even if it were 30 per 6 and 60 per 9, you come out with more stock (a few hundred more).

H

Holocog

They just want one run then get it over with. So about that statue........

G

Granjell

I have been off and on ten times in as many minutes. Once from the 4th floor of a 5 story bldg! What a nightmare!