• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Connection Issues

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all,

I hope this is the right place to post this problem. I am having lag issues, specifically very high latency numbers to my chosen shard--Pacific.

Last night the game was unplayable, I could not move a step without freezing for 3 to 4 seconds. Below is the screenshot of my server selection screen. This afternoon I log in and everything is fine. I take care of my plants and log out. I try to log back in tonight and the exact same problem. I don't believe it is a problem on my end or there wouldn't be such a huge difference in the numbers below. (I live in central Texas and the latency to Lake Austin was just as high as it was to Pacific)

Please tell me if there is anything I can do to fix this. If the problem is not on my end when can I expect to be able to play again?
Lag Screen.jpg

Computer: Dell XPS 935T, Core i7 920 2.67 GHz. 12 gb DDR3, Geforce GTX 550 TI 2 gb dedicated video Memory. Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit. DirectX 11. On board Audio. 240 gb Intel SSD (operating system, system files), 4 TB Seagate for everything else and a 4 TB Seagate for back up (don't remember the models of the Seagate HDDs of the top of my head)

ISP: TWC 20mb/s. Router is a Cisco EA6500. I have zero problems connecting with or playing other online games.

No recent changes made to the system. The connection was fine prior to Saturday night.

Update:

I uploaded this to the thread in UHall but I figured I should probably update this post as well. If any further info is needed please let me know. I would really like to play again soon.

TraceRoute.jpg

Last edited:

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so once again I updated the post in UHall but I want to keep this post updated as well. I played for about two hours this afternoon with no problems. Logged out about 4 pm CST and then tried to log back in at about 5:30 pm CST to this:

Traceroute2.jpg

Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide. The game is very literally unplayable from about 5:00 pm until about 12:00 am CST for me.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to put this up for comparison. As I stated last night, the lag only occurs during the evening hours from about 5 pm CST until about 12 am CST.

So I wanted to show you what my connection to the server looks like before the lag kicks in for comparison purposes. This is at 9:30 am CST and everything is good:

Good Connection.jpg

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those trace routes would seem to suggest that the culprit is Telia.
I did a google search with the criteria 'Telia server over subscribed' and found several results. Try it from your location, you'll get different results to the ones I found.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I logged on about 10:30 pm CST last night and everything was good. Hopefully tonight will be the same.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to connect with no issues on Friday night as well. At this point I hope this issue is resolved, thank you for your attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LetheGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those trace routes would seem to suggest that the culprit is Telia.
I did a google search with the criteria 'Telia server over subscribed' and found several results. Try it from your location, you'll get different results to the ones I found.

Telia's server's are located in Germany. My trace route does 11+ hops around Europe before hitting the Amazon servers on the west coast..