• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Connecting problem

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Went to bed last night and no problems connecting to anything. Fired the computer up this morning and I can't connect to 90 of the sites I normally visit over coffee. I get directed to the could not connect page. lol the list of places I can connect to Stratics, FB, Yahoo, and Youtube. So I figure I will open the ultima client and think about this problem while dinking around in game.......... And get message after about 5 minutes of waiting for the client to open "Could not communicate with........... try again later" Same result going around the patcher. Played a few youtube videos and they played flawlessly with no lag, connection speed is fine and I changed nothing in settings before shutting down last night. In the past when I have connectivity issues it was all or nothing not these 4 sites don't work but this one does and from my wireless tower having issues or my jet pack having issues. I did run a full virus spyware scan and wasted 2 hours to learn my system is clean. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iam sure you already tried to cut the power to everything and restart your computer/router/modem/hotspot etc?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iam sure you already tried to cut the power to everything and restart your computer/router/modem/hotspot etc?
Yep seems like I am communicating fine with some sites and the protocols are speaking a different language with other sites.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to the *Stratics User* That wishes to not be named that sent me the FB friend request and then walked me through fixing the problem. And don't ask me what the problem was because all I really took away from this was something was corrupted between the jet pack-the computer and the internet (If I understood right) and three things needed to be reset. Tech ain't my strong suit :) Couldn't even begin to tell you who this person is on Stratics and won't give out folks real names, more so when they request that I not, the FB was so we could talk in real time instead of the Stratics PM page refreshing. But THANK YOU FOR RESOLVING THIS PROBLEM FOR ME :) Pretty amazing and diverse bunch of folks here on stratics that have a massive amount of RL knowledge whether it be Tech or Pig Wrangling :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats horrible. Glad someone got it resolved. :danceb::thumbsup:
And I didn't throw the computer through the window and then have to drive to town and get a new computer and window this time :)

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and here I thought I could make a witty remark about the current government abolishing net neutrality and it's effects... ;-)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and here I thought I could make a witty remark about the current government abolishing net neutrality and it's effects... ;-)
Hey at first I thought it was a vast left wing conspiracy limiting me to only visiting left leaning websites :)