• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Confused and looking for Doom/tokuno Thief Template/guide

R

Razzputon

So everything I read on this forum says to go to the UO Rares Collector forum for stealing rares etc. But the only thing I find in that forum is crap for sale. Where do I find info on stealable item templates and guides? I'm new to the thief stuff and thought I would give it a shot. Gonna try out stealing from Doom and tokuno and maybe gravitate to PvP if I like my guy. Any help would be appreciated.

G

We don't know...we don't steal from Doom. Why would we know how to? Yeah, the other forum is full of "for sale" ads, but that is their fault. I'd suggest posting this question to them.

We steal from players. LOL, I did steal a gruesome standard from another player's pack the other day though. I suppose I'm a crate now...la

G

See though, stealing in Doom on Siege is very much different than the production shards. At least on Siege, you can be killed by players. As a matter of fact, when Doom first came into existance, I used to hang out there to loot. Pretty good stuff.

Too bad now the dungeon is about as dead as the rest of the shard.
...la

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
agreed. at least you can be attacked in there on siege. even though the only thing i would ever bother with is the inquis :]

oh, and ill be back in game in about a week

G

Damned inqs, stuck behind that damned locked room. Being a solo player, I haven't ever had the chance to grab it or the lamp post, lol...la

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive actually stolen the inquis once and helped do the puzzle/fight for them 2 other times all on siege. good times :]

G

Yeah, but you play in those damned zerg pvp guilds, lol...la

V

vanecrox

At least you tried the other forum...and I'm feeling generous.

All of your questions can be answered by going to "UO Trader's Hall" by clicking on the very first link at the top titled "Semi-Rares & Artifact Collector FAQ". They will have a list of templates, where to steal rares, etc. If you scroll down you will see maps of doom, etc. By clicking these maps you'll get some very detailed information on where to find the artifacts.

I'll give you advance warning that you'll get very bored. I tried stealing artifacts when they came out, and it is my opinion that it is a terrible concept. You need GM stealing to lift a few garbage deco items and once a month four decent items will spawn, only one of them really worth taking, which is pretty hard to get to...if you can get to it before somebody else.

If that's your thing though, have fun with it. ...work my character up to at least GM stealing so I can pick up some books and candles? No.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

*hopes the new forum allows us to keep the treasure hunters out of here*...la

Lil cheez with that whine? Holier than thou real thieves pfft.

Theif is a theif,its stupid theives can`t post in a theives forum just because real theives are to high on their horses to answer theif questions.

They need to make a seperate T hunter forum cuz I`ma fisherman! I don`t wanna look at carto related questions in the same forum!:coco:

R

Remy_of_GOR

Lil cheez with that whine? Holier than thou real thieves pfft.

Theif is a theif,its stupid theives can`t post in a theives forum just because real theives are to high on their horses to answer theif questions.

They need to make a seperate T hunter forum cuz I`ma fisherman! I don`t wanna look at carto related questions in the same forum!:coco:
because a theif is not a thief. this is a pvp thief forum, always has been. picking things off the ground is not pvp thieving.

sorry, but if you think we are being 'holier than thou', you are wrong. your toon is nothing like our toons, we cannot help you, and we get tired of telling all the other non-thieves that.

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is a pvp thief forum, always has been.
Yes, that it is true. That is the way it *was*. I'm not saying that it is going to change, but the possibility exists that this forum will include thiefs and dungeon thiefs. It hasn't been determined what topics this forum is going to cover.

You should also know that this isn't my call. Folks higher up the food chain than me are making that decision.

In the meantime, please be nice to the folks that ask dungeon thief questions.
I know that a thief isn't a thief, but I also know you could suggest a viable template. Such as:

120 Stealing
115 Ninja
115 Archery
100 Hide
80 Stealth
65 Chivalry
90 Tactics
35 Focus

Works, if you can get a MR suit.

Thanx,
Q

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to look at what a crate thief needs to do to get all their goodies. I'd say the biggest thing is to get the goodies.

120 stealing

How do you get to the goodies with the fewest skill points?

100 hiding
80 stealth

How will you be getting to said artifact location?
Magery or Chivalry come to mind.

Now, once you reveal yourself, you might get targetted by the mean ole monsters then you have a range of skills to look at.

Ninja for smoke bombs, animal form.

Healing could use a variety of skills: Heal, anatomy, spirit speak, chivalry, magery, magic resist.

Beyond that, you really need to know what you will do in the dungeons. If it's merely getting loot maybe throw in some detect, lockpick and remove trap (if on Siege). If you want to kill monsters or other players, there are other routes to go. To be honest, I love template building, but there are too many questions that need to be answered before you can get too indepth.

At this point, all I will suggest is that you have 120 stealing so you don't fail on 10 stone items. Everything elese is up to your own game play...la

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the treasure hunters and rares collectors forums are certainly equipped to answer trash picking questions. they do make millions from nothing.