• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Confused about my Betaville home

T

tanyasharp76

All 4 of my betaville sims was living at the same home but all but one got kicked out was that suppose to happen?

I

imported_rpsky3

that is how it is with my sims too. so i would say yes. just invite them back in as roomies and then put the items back out. sure is nice having them in EALand!!!

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

This is a little off topic, but I'm glad you brought this up.

I landed my main BV sim at home and got the "missing items" message. When I looked around the place only about 1/3 of the items that were there! I never even thought about my (now ex) roomies owning some of that stuff. Whewwww! Maybe I can convince them to bring it back!

T

tanyasharp76

I only have on sims account and I am having trouble inviting my sims back without them being in the game.

G

Have you tried the offline invite? You will not get a confirmation message saying it was sent. Just log out that avatar then log in the one you want to move in. Reply to the message.

T

tanyasharp76

I did do that but my other sim is not getting the invite message.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

I did do that but my other sim is not getting the invite message.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sending my sim on same account a message while they are offline recently has worked for me...

When I sign them on after a few minutes there is a message that if i click reply it will pop up the message asking if i want to room there. I'm not sure why yours isn't working...

T

tanyasharp76

I signed off then signed back on but my other sim still has not invite message. grrrrrrr

T

tanyasharp76

This is what I am getting "There was an error when trying to make you this Avatar's roommate. Roommate invitation was canceled.

I

imported_Betty

*Stomps Foot!! POUTS!!
You guys got to keep your houses?
Not a one of my accounts has a house in BV!
I thought it was that way with everyone.
All my items are in inventory, well except the missing ones.

Crap.
Really....you guys really got your Betaville houses?

pooh!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

*Stomps Foot!! POUTS!!
You guys got to keep your houses?
Not a one of my accounts has a house in BV!
I thought it was that way with everyone.
All my items are in inventory, well except the missing ones.

Crap.
Really....you guys really got your Betaville houses?

pooh!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost ALL of my BV things, avatars and all on that account because the account was not premium when BV was closed down permanently, so your situation could be worse

Was your account being paid for? After 30 days of non-payment, sims are evicted from their lots so if your account had reverted to free for a month that might be what happened and why you kept avatars and not houses. At least you got skilled sims

I

imported_Betty

Shrugs...there was a time my credit card expired and it may have taken more than a month to re-activate. I did lose the ship willinglabrat built for me in TC. Maybe that explains things.

Oh Well....

Thanks Carrie...sorry to hear you lost so much.

Cheers!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Shrugs...there was a time my credit card expired and it may have taken more than a month to re-activate. I did lose the ship willinglabrat built for me in TC. Maybe that explains things.

Oh Well....

Thanks Carrie...sorry to hear you lost so much.

Cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

The rare lots that are irreplaceable now that the players who built them are gone are definitely harder to take than 'garden variety size 8' lots for sure.....but yeah, that's probably what happened. I always thought that DADDI cleanups didn't apply to BV.....they didn't for the longest time, but apparently the dev team did a *big* database cleanup right when they closed down the city, so that those of us that had been granted a reprieve for so long were shuffled out, without notice. As I've said, I do recognize I have fault in the situation for not keeping the account on an active subscription, and had we been given warning at the time I'm not 100% sure I could have done anything about it at the time financially anyway, but yeah it is a bitter pill to swallow when you just log in and find that.

T

tanyasharp76

I don't know why mine is messing up. I sure would like my other 3 sims from BV to become my roommate again.

G

You get that message if you send multiple invites. Be patient give it a day.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't know why mine is messing up. I sure would like my other 3 sims from BV to become my roommate again.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you just don't want them to be 'homeless' let me know and I will invite them to roomie on my lot, one by one. I havent' built a house on it yet, its just a lot, but it would keep you from getting 100 'do you wanna be my roomie' invites, which is the only reason I hate for my sims to be homeless myself LOL.

I

imported_rpsky3

also, you can pass your home to a very good friend, have them make your sims a roomie and then pass the deed back to you. then all of them are roomies and your sim the owner. it is a bit of work, but it can happen.. but you need someone you can trust to do it.

T

tanyasharp76

thanks if my sim don't get the roommate invite tomorrow I might just take you up on that

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you on your property when you invite your other sims? You have to be on your property to make a roomie, so maybe that is why?

I

imported_rpsky3

i tried making my BV sims a roomie also, i was on my own property, and it would not let me.

G

There is a bug with sending offline invites.

I tried earlier to send offline invites to sims on the same account and I got the same message as above. In the end I used a different account to roomy them.

I'd only sent 2 roomie invites, neither worked so I don't think its necessarily to do with sending multiple invites.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

I tried earlier to send offline invites to sims on the same account and I got the same message as above. In the end I used a different account to roomy them.

I'd only sent 2 roomie invites, neither worked so I don't think its necessarily to do with sending multiple invites.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I did too, I made a free account the house owner, roomied all the sims and then traded the house to my main sim on my premium account through the house deed. It's sort of 'going around your thumb to get to your finger' but opening up a free account is simple and perfectly legit to use for something like that, so I didn't/don't see the harm in it.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I dont know what you are doing wrong, but I was able to do it just now. 2 minutes ago.

I signed on my owner sim in BV, went home, sent the invite, signed off, signed on the sim I invited and there was a message that I replied to and became a roomie.

I

imported_Poppy Darling

<blockquote><hr>

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

I am having the same problem with one of my BV sims. The sim was a roomie before she merged but homeless when she landed. If yours was the same, I think that could possibly be the problem.
The game probably thinks the sim is still a roomie.