• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Confirmed Change to Bane Dragons.. Its awesome =^-^=

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
After the Wild fire ozzy were released it was noted that unlike their bane counter parts they could work their poison skill to GM just by using the passive.. I'm happy to report that we ran some test today on a few banes.. and This little slice of heaven is also now true of bane dragons.. So pull those bad boys out of the stable and hit a heavy spawn area and watch that posion skill raise.. Just a fast recap.. You no long have to have Poison breath or Venom bite to get your banes to GM poison. So turn all those caster banes into Nox mages and increase their poison resistance by GMing poison today. Below is a pic of one of our test banes after just one whisper in heavy spawn.. Hope this helps.. have a grand day all. =^-^= uo bane test 4.png

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, i noticed this the other week when loring someone else's Wildfire Ostard in the Acid Slug Pit of the Underworld. Saw that all the usual skills were capped, so was wondering why the hell they still had their Wildfire Ostard training in there, when i noticed the unusually high Poisoning skill. About 20 mins later, i lored it again, and the Poisoning skill had raised, when it didn't have Poisoning, Poison Breath, nor Venomous Bite.

I was about to conduct tests myself with Bane Dragons, to see what exactly was causing the Poisoning skill gains. Was gonna start off with the Bane Dragon at range, testing if the Poison spell was training the skill, and if no progress after while, then test the reactive Poison Skin to see if it was causing the gains.

I'm already testing to see which would be the best mobs to train the Poison skill on for them with reactive Poison Skin. I'm thinking something with immunity to low level Poisons, high Wrest, 100% Physical Damage, no magic, large number of them (up to 9 in the same area).

Last edited:

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My bane has 100% poisoning for month and its a pure chiv-ai bane too. Training poisoning without having active poison skill is hard. Best gains came, when my bane stood in a crowd of many enemies, that were flaging it. So it tried to poison passively all aggressive mobs and i got the best skill increase. No matter if it was a low level mob or high level monsters. It gained very slowly, like training chiv at 110+ skill. It gained poisoning before treasures of wildfire was active and without giving it "active" poisoning skill.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm already testing to see which would be the best mobs to train the Poison skill on for them with reactive Poison Skin. I'm thinking something with immunity to low level Poisons, high Wrest, 100% Physical Damage, no magic, large number of them (up to 9 in the same area).
And the winner is...WOLF SPIDERS! They almost always attack at max speed (1.25 secs), have 80-90 Wrest, complete Poison immunity (even to Lvl 5), 70% Physical/30% Poison Damage (Bane Dragon with 80 Physical/60 Poison Resist, 15 HPR and 120/120 Consume Damage only required occasional vetting), and you can easily get 9 of them to surround your Bane Dragon/Wildfire Ostard.
Within a single 10 min Whisper, my 120 Chiv+AI Bane Dragon went from 61.7 Poisoning, to 70.7

Last edited:

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Training poisoning on a chiv-ai bane is a little bid like training chiv on it. With poisoning getting above 90% its a bid hard to gain skill, like chiv >110%. But wolfspiders will help you a lot. :)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While testing out the Wolf Spider method on TC, i decided to bring another char to party with, a 4x120 Bard, and use the Peacemaking Mastery "Resilience" and Knight of Humility buff to boost his HPR, so i wouldn't have to occasionally vet. Between 15 trained HPR, +30 from Consume Damage, +30 from Knight of Humility, and +22 from Resilience, something funny happened. He went all the way up to 134 HPR, went it should've been around 97 HPR. Lol.
134 HPR.PNG

Edit: Yeah, there's definitely some funky interactions going on between trained HPR+Consume Damage+Knight of Humility, with the wierdness triggering when Knight of Humility is used. With just 15 HPR+Knight of Humility, my Bane Dragon jumps to 90 HPR. When Consume Damage kicks in and provides the +30 HPR, he jumps to 120 HPR.
With a Necro char spamming Wither in Wraith Form at the Acid Slug Pit in the Underworld, i can literally regain Knight of Humility and cap Humility back faster than i can use it. Takes me like 5 mins to cap Humility after using it, when it lasts for 20 mins.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
While testing out the Wolf Spider method on TC, i decided to bring another char to party with, a 4x120 Bard, and use the Peacemaking Mastery "Resilience" and Knight of Humility buff to boost his HPR, so i wouldn't have to occasionally vet. Between 15 trained HPR, +30 from Consume Damage, +30 from Knight of Humility, and +22 from Resilience, something funny happened. He went all the way up to 134 HPR, went it should've been around 97 HPR. Lol.
View attachment 122100

Edit: Yeah, there's definitely some funky interactions going on between trained HPR+Consume Damage+Knight of Humility, with the wierdness triggering when Knight of Humility is used. With just 15 HPR+Knight of Humility, my Bane Dragon jumps to 90 HPR. When Consume Damage kicks in and provides the +30 HPR, he jumps to 120 HPR.
With a Necro char spamming Wither in Wraith Form at the Acid Slug Pit in the Underworld, i can literally regain Knight of Humility and cap Humility back faster than i can use it. Takes me like 5 mins to cap Humility after using it, when it lasts for 20 mins.
The tooltip of KoH has been wrong for years, but this is also how the hpr buffs have worked since at least pub 97. congrats on finally figuring it out.

Last edited: