• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Condemnmed House

M

MikeyH

I just recently returned to UO and didnt realize you can only have one house per account. I placed a house on catskills and then on atlantic. Once i realized the house on catskills was condenmed i quickly demolished the one on atlantic. But my house on catskills is still condenmed, is there any way i can make it uncondemned?

G

You will have to trade the house to stop the decay.

-Skylark

G

I did this myself early on in the game and found myself homeless for a few days.

You'll either have to trade the house between accounts, if you have more than one account, or find someone with an account and no house to hold it for you until you can accept a house again. Or as a last resort, open a new account and trade the house to the new account. Other wise, the house will fall before the time is up for you take it or place another.

G

Just open a trial account (no sense in paying EA even more money than you need to) and swap the house between the two accounts using XP's fast user switching.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just open a trial account (no sense in paying EA even more money than you need to) and swap the house between the two accounts using XP's fast user switching.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just turned fast switching on in the control panel. Do all I have to do when I want to use my 2nd acct at the same time of my 1st acct is to click on UO and type in the 2nd acct name and password? I have read you post about this before but I haven't had a reason to try it until now.

G

Close but not quite there...first log into account 1 through your main computer user account that you use, then go to start and log off the computer account. That will take you back to the user screen where you will choose the other account you created. Once that one is loaded up, then you start UO in that user profile and log into your second UO account. Any problems, let me know and I'll help you get it sorted out.

G

I am using the guest account and have it on. I got my mouse set up but don't see all the icons that are on my normal desktop. The first problem I have is a message box that says permission denied accessing the kernal driver. I am totally lost to know what to do now.

G

Regarding the desktop, the reason your not seeing the same icons between the two desktops is because the computer considers each account to be two different instances of Windows, so its going to show what you have on your desktop when your logged into your account, but not show it to anyone else who logs in on the computer under their own accounts.

As to the kernel error, I've never had that occur before. Try going into the user profiles icon in the control panel and set up an actual account (not a guest account) with administrator privileges and make sure your personal profile is set up as the administrator as well. Then try fast switching between those two and let me know if it works.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am using the guest account and have it on. I got my mouse set up but don't see all the icons that are on my normal desktop. The first problem I have is a message box that says permission denied accessing the kernal driver. I am totally lost to know what to do now.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "kernel" is the very lowest levels (core) of the operating system, where the "system" processes live. That error most likely has to do with the guest account having insufficient rights to do something. As Desperado say, the easiest thing to do is make a fresh user account with admin privileges to avoid any issues.

Using the fast user switching takes a LOT of resources, because it is in effect maintaining 2 full and separate Windows sessions including any open applications each user has in their session. If you still have problems, make sure you have EVERYTHING except UO closed in each session. This includes lurking programs in the lower right tray area that are memory resident but don't actually look "open" such as QuickTime movie player, etc. Those are safe to right click and exit to free up some precious RAM and can make a difference on a taxed system. You only need the sessions to be open long enough to make your house transfer.

-Skylark

Rafman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I just recently returned to UO and didnt realize you can only have one house per account. I placed a house on catskills and then on atlantic. Once i realized the house on catskills was condenmed i quickly demolished the one on atlantic. But my house on catskills is still condenmed, is there any way i can make it uncondemned?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easiest way to do this is demolish the house on Catskills and then replace it right away. all done with one same account too.

Since at the time you demolish the house you'll no longer own any house, you'll be able to place over it right away.

Make sure no one is around when you do this, and if you have anything of very high value in the house, make sure to put it in the bank first. But beyond that, you should be safe enough.

G

Fast Switching is the nuts! I started a new account and everything worked great. I got the house transferred in no time. I took the old computer downstairs and am now enjoying much more space in my den. Thanks for helping me get this going. I appreciate it.

I

imnoturnv

I being an Atlantic Housing agent persay for many many years,
which home do you wish to keep? Atlantic one you place is in good standing now but the cats is decay well do you want to keep the decay? if not demolish it if you do drop the plot and have your second acct plot it or if you have 2 puters transfer to new acct. Now let's say you say screw the atl one i want my cats back... well demo the atl and drop and replace cats decay one.. there is a timer for transfering a home but not placing.You'll recieve the gump window about the timer but only for transfer. You should be fine.
Anymore questions..icq 416-166-568 The Home Guild.

G

As I recently found out you don't need 2 computers if you use fast switching on one computer. It works great.