• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Concerning loot from a IDOC

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a water tile... this house contained ALOT of water tiles.. ones that weight alot are in one bag.. could someone give me everything you know about this please.. history... is it illegal.. would a account get banned for holding onto these?

C

Chaosy

Water tiles are illegal. I recommend you throw them in the trash or live with the possibility that your account might be banned at anytime.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a water tile... this house contained ALOT of water tiles.. ones that weight alot are in one bag.. could someone give me everything you know about this please.. history... is it illegal.. would a account get banned for holding onto these?

a lot of water tiles? my God, you just won the lotto on UO. underground rare collectors (incuding myself) will pay way too much for them. they have more uses than you can think of ;)

if iterested in selling... PM me please!

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure they are illegal.
Here is the reference page:
http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/newstools.pl?Article=6097

As you can see water tile is on the list of illegal items. (ignore the faction colored items, they changed that a few years ago)
Do note that this list isn't final or complete. In fact there currently is no accurate list of which items are illegal. In fact, I've had a fews rows with GMs when they refused to delete items that were on several 'official' EA lists.

So before you chuck your precious item in the bin, try paging a GM.

C

Chaosy

Do note that this list isn't final or complete. In fact there currently is no accurate list of which items are illegal. In fact, I've had a fews rows with GMs when they refused to delete items that were on several 'official' EA lists.

So before you chuck your precious item in the bin, try paging a GM.
Due to the nature of water tiles themselves, I would have to say they are a definite illegal item (along the lines of portable forges, etc).

It would be worth paging a GM, even if it is to get them deleted.

Tamergirl

Journeyman
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also got a water tile out of a idoc..i did page a gm about it..and was told it was deff illegal to own. He deleted it on site, told me it was a good thing that I asked about things I was wary of because it could be serious trouble to your acct if found to own such items. So..its your risk mate..:)

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Due to the nature of water tiles themselves, I would have to say they are a definite illegal item (along the lines of portable forges, etc).

It would be worth paging a GM, even if it is to get them deleted.
Dont do this!, just drop em in a trash barrel!, ive known people who have paged a GM with illegal items to make them aware of it and have found themselves banned for having them! depending on the GM you get!, alot of them just arnt that bright and toss all common sense out the window!...dont risk it..just toss em!, dont pass them off to anyone else either!!....same issue!, someone gets questioned and names you! your banned.

B

Blade_Thugluv

i would say call a gm and ask. theres a chance that they might be ok to own now. After all champ spawns are dropping:

Water Tiles
Wall Blood Tiles
Swamp Tiles
Lava Tiles

so who knows :)

~Blade

C

Ceridwen

Can you fish in the new replica water tiles though?
If I remember right, someone said you could fish using the old water tiles....

T

Teufel_Hund

i would say call a gm and ask. theres a chance that they might be ok to own now. After all champ spawns are dropping:

Water Tiles
Wall Blood Tiles
Swamp Tiles
Lava Tiles

so who knows :)

~Blade
No chance they are ok to own, water tiles give an incredible advantage. If you keep them bury them way down deep in your house and show them to no one...lol part of the problem with having such a thing, you can not show it off