• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Computers For Dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bkisses

I hope someone out there can help us, preferably in laymans terms (aka computers for dummies)….I have been over and over each and every message in the stratics and to no avail have been able to play 2 sims in window mode…

Here are my details…
Windows XP
Downloaded Ea Land on Ea Land.com
Installed…left me with 2 Icons on my Desktop
One Marked Ea Land
One Marked Ea Land Windows
In both target boxes now read "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOPatch\TSO.exe"
Both my husband and I have tried numerous times to place
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOPatch\TSO.exe" –w
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOPatch\TSO.exe" –w –r800x600
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOPatch\TSO.exe" –w –r800x600 “-CSCity:Ea Land”
In the target boxes…
If I understand correctly the –w is for playing 2 sims
The –r800x600 is for changing window size..
We keep getting cant play 2 sims at once error, or the windows are at full mode…
What would be nice is someone could walk us thru step by step, and I have read plenty and redone and redone over and over….and nothing seems to work…
If anyone is out there that can help, it would be much appreciated.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

In order to run a second sim on a second account you must create a new shortcut to tsoclient.exe located in your tsoclient folder. Then you can edit the target properties to window size, etc.

Launching the game using this shortcut will not allow you to receive updates and patches. You must always remember to login using the icon on your desktop that is directed to TSOPatch/tso.exe first.

Once logged into tso.exe with first account, you can then login second account using tsoclient.exe.

B

bkisses

You will be happy to know I got an A+, brings a basket of apples for the teacher, thanks again Gracie!!!

E

ESPlayer

After installing EA Land's patch, I can't play in window mode anymore.. I logged into tso.exe with my first account, and then tsoclient.exe with my second account ("C:\Program\Electronic Arts\EALand\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" –w –r800x600)

But the TSOClient window is at full mode and when I'm on the "Select A Sim" screen, I can't scroll right so I can't play my EA Land sims on TSOClient.exe, but I can scroll and play EA land sims on tso.exe. Also, I noticed I could play in window mode again after uninstalling EA Land patch and installing TSO patch.. So when are they going to fix this bug?

G

Thanks Nars for posting the link to Tips, Tricks & Tactics forum.

Let's please move any further discussion to that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.