• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Comprehensive plant list

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello fellow gardeners!

I'm trying to find a comprehensive plants list or at the very least a total number of plants that we can grow. What I'm trying to figure out is exactly how many plant boxes I need to be able to hold seeds for all plants currently growable in Britannia. I have 3 boxes right now which I think means I can hold 900 unique seeds.

The gardening FAQ is 5 years outdated. It even has pictures using the KR client which has been gone a long time. Being gone for a block of maybe 3 years, I'm not even sure what plants I can grow now. In Feb. 2012, I counted 314 unique plants (counting 17 regular plants in 18 colors, bonsai and the fragrant and peculiar plants) but now I think you can grow more than that.

Also advice on how to store seeds. I see that you can reorder them in the boxes so I could potentially organize by alpha order. I printed out a colored plant guide so I could mark off what I have so I can cross polinate to complete my sets.

So bottom line: I'm looking for help on how to make sure I have all plants that are available and the best way to keep track and store seeds.

Thoughts?

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I am figuring this right, it is 503 right now, though I have NOT counted the colored vanilla in that yet.

The original 17 plants in 18 colors (323), the 8 bonsai that are now available in 14 colors (original 12 and the black and white) (120), 18 peculiar plants in plain and the 3 of those that are available in 14 colors (18 and 42).

I have seen some bonsai in the rare solen colors, so if you include those (8x4=32) then that would be 535
If you include the other 15 peculiar plants in black and white (15x2=30) then that would be 565 total (I have never seen any of the peculiar plants in the rare solen colors)

Edit: Oops, I forgot about the 2nd direction of the peculiar hops (colored), so that would add 14 for a total of 579

Last edited:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
has anyone been able to grow the colored hops since the colored vanilla plants began? I was thinking that they had been usurped by the new one

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
has anyone been able to grow the colored hops since the colored vanilla plants began? I was thinking that they had been usurped by the new one
I hope not, I lost all of my colored peculiar seeds, except for my spider plants, so I needed to start over.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can use the comment form at the bottom of the page to ask for it to be updated... but I wouldn't hold my breath.

T

Tazar

You can use the comment form at the bottom of the page to ask for it to be updated... but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Actually - the comments are not a good place for that at all... Please PM Petra if you see areas that are out of date and yes - you will see updates.

Also - at the top of that page, click on the links for Fragrant & Peculiar Seeds & Plants | Colored Plant Oddities you'll find a lot more of the plants there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually - the comments are not a good place for that at all... Please PM Petra if you see areas that are out of date and yes - you will see updates.

Also - at the top of that page, click on the links for Fragrant & Peculiar Seeds & Plants | Colored Plant Oddities you'll find a lot more of the plants there.
Actually, I did click those links and have printed out the charts that are on there. This weekend, I will be planting new batches in my raised garden beds (LOVE them and a must have for the weekend gardener).

I will PM Petra and let her know that the original FAQ needs to be updated with references to the KR removed (and possibly new pics with the EC which I happen to love (sorry Andra).

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will PM Petra and let her know that the original FAQ needs to be updated with references to the KR removed (and possibly new pics with the EC which I happen to love (sorry Andra).
I will be working on getting the FAQ's updated

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will be working on getting the FAQ's updated
Thank you Laurel! I PMed Petra to show her what I was looking for and couldn't find. Aside from the FAQ which I'm sure you know what needs to be removed and added, the wonderful gardening guide:
http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/gardening-essay/colored-plant-oddities
could use a chart on the bonsai and new plants and all available colors, like we had for the original 17 plants. Those charts are great for printing out and keeping track of what I have, what I still need. I think it says that all the bonsai and new plants can be grown in all the same colors as the original plants (unless I'm reading it incorrectly).

Thank you so much for all you do for the community! We appreciate it more than you know!
Safe travels!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady Laurel is the new moderator for this forum.
I'm afraid I've never grown the oddities, so I don't currently have any pictures other than the ones already on the page. With Lady Laurel's help I'll try to work that one out, but it will take a while.

DerekL - if you'd like to tell me which part of the site you find to be not upto date I will remedy that. I won't hold my breath either while you find it.

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/gardening-essay/colored-plant-oddities
http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/imbuing
Forum links broken on both pages. (There's probably more, I find them all over the place.)

http://uo2.stratics.com/essays-and-guides
KR information needs to be removed.

http://uo2.stratics.com/maps-and-locations/cities-towns/grand-atlas-magincia
Lists information for (now destroyed) city of Magnicia, no information for New Magnicia.
http://uo2.stratics.com/maps-and-locations/cities-towns/grand-atlas-ver-lor-reg
Ver Lor Reg has been destroyed.

http://uo.stratics.com/content/atlas/despise.php
http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guide...picking/dungeon-chests/dungeon-chests-despise
http://uo.stratics.com/content/atlas/shame.php
http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guide...ckpicking/dungeon-chests/dungeon-chests-shame
All out of date due to dungeon revamp.

A general sweep needs to be made of the forum FAQ's too - many are old, contain broken forum and main site links, broken (offsite?) photo links, and broken markup.

There's broken links and out of date content in all kinds of places - crowdsource it, ask in UHall, and you'll have a comprehensive list within a day or two I suspect.

(Answered publicly, because I was challenged publicly... sent via PM as well.)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Working on it from the PM
KR guide has to be kept. - I've removed it from the main listing. It can still be accessed by anyone who does a search for 'kingdom reborn'
Some links fixed. More to do, I forgot those when we changed forum software.
Ver Lor Reg information edited
Shame information is correct. Look closer, those are the new inhabitants that are listed.
Despise information updated. - we also, of course, have the Despise Revamp Guided Tour
Magincia information updated, the map was already the new version. - we also, of course, have The New Magincia Bazaar and Renting at the Bazaar
Despise and Shame lockpick info updated - the boxes are still there, only the spawn around them has changed. Covetous lockpick info also updated.
Out of date content is not always removed. It is kept for historical reference. Newer content is also onsite.

Last edited:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Certain Sakarrah Seeds Are Currently Broken

I just came to this forum to check this, as I was working on crossing bonsai to get the Black and White mutants, and used my last wave of ) Plain Hops as the base unfortunately. All the hops turned out to be infertile (no pollen and seeds), and I thought I'd made a mistake by using ones that had dropped from mobs instead of Sakarrah Hops. However you can load the seeds into a Garden Bed/ Plant Pot and see if they'll be fertile when grown, so I've gone through all the colours of the Sakarrah Seeds, and the following will NOT currently grow seeds.

Plain Spider Tree (All coloured Spiders are still Fertile)
Plain ( and ) Facing Hops (All coloured Hops are still Fertile)

By my calculations, if you have access to a full set of seeds, or are working towards them via the current guide at Stratics, it should still be possible theoretically to get to the missing seeds the following ways.

Plain Spider: Cross Plain Cactus to Plain Cactus. (The flowered Cactus, the Sakarrah one).

Plain ( Hops: Cross Plain Cactus to any Coloured Spider.

Plain ) Hops: Cross Plain Cactus to any Coloured ( Hops.

I've just planted the above parent seeds from my stocks, and I'll be able to tell you in 9 days whether they do indeed grow the targetted Plain children.

BUT THERE'S MORE.

How I read the guide at Stratics, which hasn't proven wrong until recently, was that to get Black/White Bonsai you crossed the Sakarrah Plants to the original Plants, and hoped for the 1% mutation chance when creating the target Bonsai. However, it seems there's a further round of crossing, as the Bonsai I got turned out, when I grew one, to also be fertile! I had a normal Tribarrel ready for the hops, so I've crossed the Bonsai to the tribarrel and then back again, and I'll be able to tell you what comes out of that in 3 days.

But notice, at least in the Garden Bed, it doesn't show the Rarity of the tree, but DOES show it as Plain? I wonder if that will stick when it's removed from the bed? I don't believe, at least unless I'm missing something, you can generate Red Bonsai etc... but when my next row of beds becomes available tomorrow, I'm going to try crossing at least one Red Flowering Cactus to Red Tribarrel and see if the resulting Rare(Pl) Bonsai takes a colour.

Last edited:

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, cross pollination is currently wonky, if not broken entirely. When crossing bright green barrels with bright green barrels - I was getting only about 25% of the children as bright green barrels... when it should have been 100%.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, cross pollination is currently wonky, if not broken entirely. When crossing bright green barrels with bright green barrels - I was getting only about 25% of the children as bright green barrels... when it should have been 100%.
That's actually correct, it's an old bug left in; Barrel (and Tri-barrel and Prickly Pair) rolls randomly for one of 18 plants, the 17 original and now Vanilla too. If you want to make Bright Green Barrel, you'll need to self pollinate. If you are after White/Black barrels, cross any parent plants that aren't the 3 above so the random factor doesn't hit. You could remove that bug, but then no one could get coloured vanilla any more. :(

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's actually correct, it's an old bug left in; Barrel (and Tri-barrel and Prickly Pair) rolls randomly for one of 18 plants, the 17 original and now Vanilla too. If you want to make Bright Green Barrel, you'll need to self pollinate. If you are after White/Black barrels, cross any parent plants that aren't the 3 above so the random factor doesn't hit. You could remove that bug, but then no one could get coloured vanilla any more. :(
Ah, thanks. I posted about that before and got no substantive response.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Half way result: Bonsai to Tribarrel has created Century Plant. I'll need to grow another set to see if it's random or a fixed result however.

In 4 days I'll have seeds from the suggested crosses above and be able to confirm if you can get around the Plain Seed bug and generate the target Plain that way instead.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update:

Plain Spider: Cross Plain Cactus to Plain Cactus. (The flowered Cactus, the Sakarrah one).

Plain ( Hops: Cross Plain Cactus to any Coloured Spider.

Plain ) Hops: Cross Plain Cactus to any Coloured ( Hops.

I've just planted the above parent seeds from my stocks, and I'll be able to tell you in 9 days whether they do indeed grow the targetted Plain children.
Confirmed, but with a proviso; The resulting seeds don't stack with the ones looted from mobs, as all now come out as "Plain X" rather than "Peculiar."

Also confirmed:

Bonsai grown this way have gained the Colour description once set to decorative, but have lost the Common/Uncommon/Rare/Exotic descriptor; the above should have been an Uncommon.

Last edited:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, kicking myself a little, but I thought I was discovering something new, but the Stratics page does mention Coloured Bonsai; I guess I just assumed they meant you could get to Black and White colours that way, as the image at the top of the page only shows those two. But Red Flowered Cactus to Red Century Plant has generated a Bright Red seed icon, so Bright Red Bonsai are also possible... and will be fertile so you can replicate the seeds. If someone on Europa has the bonsai then, saving me from spending time growing those... :p

Anyway, I make it then that the total seeds you can personally grow are;

18 Basic Plant Types (Inc Vanilla), 15 colours (Plain + 6 Coloured, 6 Bright Coloured, Black & White mutants) = 270 Individual Seeds
8 Bonsai Types, 15 colours = 120 Individual Seeds
4 Sakarrah Types, 15 colours = 60 Individual Seeds

Mob Dropped Peculiar/Fragrant Seeds: 18 types, 1 colour (Plain) = 18 Individual Seeds

So without the Quest Seeds, I make it 468 basic seeds. That would fit inside 1 Seed Bed which holds 500. However you may find it fiddly to do so, as you just end up with a huge list of identical looking seeds until moused over. I'm lucky in owning a castle now, and I prefer to keep them all in a separate chest set, and use the box for identification instead.

Last edited:

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello fellow gardeners!

I'm trying to find a comprehensive plants list or at the very least a total number of plants that we can grow. What I'm trying to figure out is exactly how many plant boxes I need to be able to hold seeds for all plants currently growable in Britannia. I have 3 boxes right now which I think means I can hold 900 unique seeds.

The gardening FAQ is 5 years outdated. It even has pictures using the KR client which has been gone a long time. Being gone for a block of maybe 3 years, I'm not even sure what plants I can grow now. In Feb. 2012, I counted 314 unique plants (counting 17 regular plants in 18 colors, bonsai and the fragrant and peculiar plants) but now I think you can grow more than that.

Also advice on how to store seeds. I see that you can reorder them in the boxes so I could potentially organize by alpha order. I printed out a colored plant guide so I could mark off what I have so I can cross polinate to complete my sets.

So bottom line: I'm looking for help on how to make sure I have all plants that are available and the best way to keep track and store seeds.

Thoughts?
Try this page :http://www.uoguide.com/Plants