• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Comprehensive Faction System

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have decided to not post this huge Faction system doc for the following reasons:

1) Even broken into sections, the posts and responses will lead into hundreds of different directions that it will be impossible to keep the discussion productive and on point.

2) I don't want to derail the Devs attempts to gain insight from the players

3) Right now the Devs are asking player feedback on stat loss, known issues and the new base designs. Lets do our best as a player base to give them as much constructive criticism (positives and negatives with thought out rationale) and actionable alternatives (with rationale).

4) The more I read from the players and Dev's the better I can adapt it to match what the community wants done and what the Devs want to do.

Please give feedback in the following threads for:

New Base Design Feedback

Stat Loss - Pro's, Con's, and Alternatives

Known Faction Test Issues

When those discussions reach a ending point [locking of a thread, lack of new feedback and perspectives, etc]. Hopefully at that point the Devs will provide another aspect they want the players to explore and we can continue to aid them in their efforts to reform factions.

If there seems to be a lull, and no new feedback is asked, I will post the first section of the Faction System to continue the discussion.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have decided to not post this huge Faction system doc for the following reasons:

1) Even broken into sections, the posts and responses will lead into hundreds of different directions that it will be impossible to keep the discussion productive and on point.

2) I don't want to derail the Devs attempts to gain insight from the players

3) Right now the Devs are asking player feedback on stat loss, known issues and the new base designs. Lets do our best as a player base to give them as much constructive criticism (positives and negatives with thought out rationale) and actionable alternatives (with rationale).

4) The more I read from the players and Dev's the better I can adapt it to match what the community wants done and what the Devs want to do.

Please give feedback in the following threads for:

New Base Design Feedback

Stat Loss - Pro's, Con's, and Alternatives

Known Faction Test Issues

When those discussions reach a ending point [locking of a thread, lack of new feedback and perspectives, etc]. Hopefully at that point the Devs will provide another aspect they want the players to explore and we can continue to aid them in their efforts to reform factions.

If there seems to be a lull, and no new feedback is asked, I will post the first section of the Faction System to continue the discussion.

Just a curiosity thing.

Why in your sig to you have Night Sight - Curse lol

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a curiosity thing.

In = Create
Lor = Light
Des = Lower
Sanct = Protection

Creat light where there is (lower)little protection...

Thats just what I figured.. Maybe Lore has a bad side...OOOH ****!

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My character does not know his real name.... he was found wounded by a small group of fishermen off the coast of trinsic...

He remained unconscious for many days and would on occasion babble those words, "In Lor Des Sanct"

The healers named him Lore Denin, and when he awoke that was the name he kept for himself....

In Lor in the ancient tongue of the arcane means "Light" and "Des Sanct" Darkness/Curse...

His goal is that of the founding of the Order Guard, to unite the worlds of the multiverse with that of the prime world.... He believes his name designates him as the "Light within the Darkness/ The Light in this cursed Land".

The Chaos guard and his enemies consider him to be something else entirely, They call him, "The Curse of Light" .. ..the one who through Virtue will destroy us all unless he is stopped".

Balance scholars believe both may be true....

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ah great thanks, very interesting back ground story, i like it!

I thought it was some wicked mage combo that unlocked the real armageddon spell =/ *kicks rocks*