• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Complete 1997 Holiday Bag

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is on Lake Superior.

It is the very first Holiday Bag offered in the game on Christmas 1997.

Some 13+ years ago now..........a piece of history for the game.

What would be it value as a complete rare today ?

CrazyNinja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Do you have a picture of the item? If it is the one I am thinking of I barely got 20m for mine, but it is worth atleast that much.

Could have sworn it was 98' though? Though beta was 97' and didn't think they gave out the xmas gifts until 98'? My memory could be a bit rusty on that stuff though hehe =)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can see it here : UO Stratics - Items Catalogue: Holiday and Special items

The very first listed December 1997

My bag is the middle one (original grey color, same as it was given back then).

It is complete as it was given back then with 8 items :

- Seasons Greetings (the middle grey one)
- a champagne glass (the green one and also the red one)
- a fireworks wand with 100 charges
- fruitcake
- a bottle of champagne
- a wrist watch
- peach

It would surprise me to learn that such an old rare from some 13+ years ago might be worth a fraction of the some yesterday's EM item goes for........

I have seen easily Event Moderators' items sold for 40, 50 millions if not more and we are talking about current items, given out very recently.

This Holiday bag dates Christmas 1997, it cannot be possibly be worth much less than some today's EM item....

CrazyNinja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Aye =( unfortunately that is exactly what I thought it was. I have this exact same bag atm I have been trying to sell off the individual pieces hoping to get more than the full bag brought, but yes I sold a Red happy holidays bag completely full for 20m around a month or 2 ago and it had sat there on the vendor for at least a month or 2 heh =(

N

Nightly Spirit

There are alot more of these bags around than any particular EM item so the value is not as much unfortunately. :(

L

LoL/Sonoma

Agreed on how relatively common these are. I have a few myself. EM items are indeed worth more (typically).

L

lupushor

" This Holiday bag dates Christmas 1997, it cannot be possibly be worth much less than some today's EM item.... "

:coco:

P.S.
I'd point out that the first ever gold coin looted off a mongbat in '97 worths today 20 millions times less than an item i got yesterday doubleclicking a statue, but i'm afraid this thread would turn into a novel and get locked before you get your price check.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
" This Holiday bag dates Christmas 1997, it cannot be possibly be worth much less than some today's EM item.... "

:coco:

P.S.
I'd point out that the first ever gold coin looted off a mongbat in '97 worths today 20 millions times less than an item i got yesterday doubleclicking a statue, but i'm afraid this thread would turn into a novel and get locked before you get your price check.
Wrong!

I got 20 mill for mine, thats 2 price checks.

I think it just comes down to desire Popps, I own some really old items as well that just aren't considered all that desirable, but I like them so that is all that matters. :)

L

lupushor

Wrong!

I got 20 mill for mine, thats 2 price checks.

I think it just comes down to desire Popps, I own some really old items as well that just aren't considered all that desirable, but I like them so that is all that matters. :)
Not saying the bag is worthless, though 20 mils sounds optimistic to me. Just saying one cannot compare 2 items based solely on one characteristic - age, ignoring rarity, desirability, usefullness, coolness.

On a more constructive note :

- Seasons Greetings (the middle grey one) - 200-400k
- a champagne glass (the green one and also the red one) green one rarer 1-2mil, red one 10k.
- a fireworks wand with 100 charges 1gp
- fruitcake (really, a fruitcake from '97?)
- a bottle of champagne - if pink 10k, if light blue maybe a few mils.
- a wrist watch - i was very happy to sell one for 1mil.
- peach - :eek:

Add the bag and you're lucky to get any offers 10-20 mils.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
20 mil I think would be the very top of the range, but you might be able to sell it if you were very patient or could find a buyer who really wanted a set. I'd honestly have priced it lower for the nice set, although the naughty one I could see going that high as it doesn't seem to be as common.

The problem with this set vs. EM items is I believe most of those are newbied and can't be displayed outside of a container. If you want to verify - I know there are other methods, but using GM item id will give you a 0 value on newbied items and putting them on a vendor will show a "Free" default price as I recall.

(The bottle of champagne was originally white I believe and looks just like the NPC liquor bottle except being labeled champagne and being newbied.)

Good luck.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and .... "a champagne glass" (both red and green) are from xmas 1997...
The red "champagne flute" is from the valentine's day set.

The two reddish/pink goblets look similar, but the name is how you can easily tell the difference. Oh and the holiday glasses are newbied last time I checked while the flute is not. The red holiday one is worth more than 10k, but I would put it closer to 500k-750k. I wish they would change newbied to either normal or blessed so they could be displayed openly. It made sense back in the days of Felucca, but now it is just annoying for those wanting to show off history.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I find it amusing that you wont meet with me to show me the bag and contents.