• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Complaint about Order of the Dragon books

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand the reasoning that this should be a regular fish monger quest reward. Once you have one of each book, there's absolutely no reason to need another. These books should be purchased from an ncp at a certain fishing skill level, or obtained from some other means. They should not be a regular reward. I'm ticked right now for having turned in an order for: 20 king crabs, 20 apple crabs, 20 hummer lobster, 10 cobia and 20 yellow perch just to get a book that I have multiple copies of already. If the devs insist that this remain, why not include a useful reward along with the book. Please!!!!

Amber_Sonoma

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
They do have a reward, LOL. Turn them in for points when clean up goes live, 250 pts per book. I literally have enough fishing reward books for a bless deed (200 books).

M

Muu Bin

Shelleybean,
While I do feel your pain, your request would be similar to asking that the loot tables for say Doom, a champ spawn, Abyss mini-champs etc... be tailored for every individual if they had already acquired a drop previously.

I realize that it is a bit of a stretch to compare a "deco book" with a drop from a champ spawn and that one is a quest while the other is from killing mobs; but... the concept is pretty much the same.

Random reward for performing a specific task (or set of tasks).

I suppose you could look at BODs in a similar fashion although there are obvious differences.

My suggestion is to send in feedback about the books. Ask the dev team to tweak the rewards and provide some ideas. Not sure if it will help but the more people who submit feedback, the greater the chance that something may be changed in the future. Then again, I might be too optimistic here...

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand the reasoning that this should be a regular fish monger quest reward. Once you have one of each book, there's absolutely no reason to need another. These books should be purchased from an ncp at a certain fishing skill level, or obtained from some other means. They should not be a regular reward. I'm ticked right now for having turned in an order for: 20 king crabs, 20 apple crabs, 20 hummer lobster, 10 cobia and 20 yellow perch just to get a book that I have multiple copies of already. If the devs insist that this remain, why not include a useful reward along with the book. Please!!!!
I know what you mean

and although i know the reward is a random thing....the crab/lobster deal is such a grind it is very frusterating to get a worthless book.

maybe the devs should consider the books towards turn ins for bait, or something else that is not too much, but at the same time useful.

I see no point to the books

M

Muu Bin

I know what you mean

and although i know the reward is a random thing....the crab/lobster deal is such a grind it is very frusterating to get a worthless book.

maybe the devs should consider the books towards turn ins for bait, or something else that is not too much, but at the same time useful.

I see no point to the books
Perhaps they could even allow us to donate to the library at ANY of the NPCs - not just the Fisher. They are, after all, books aren't they and regular books can be donated to any of them...