• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Comparing these two Double Axes ... both being used with a Cameo

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
In this Case the Cameo is a Repond Slayer ...
so in the Case of Double Axe 1 I have DOUBLE SUPER SLAYER

Both are 100% Cold Elemental Damage ... MOB has the lowest resists in Cold

Double Axe 1
Repond Super Slayer
Hit Life Leech 81%
Hit Mana Leech 81%
Hit Cold Area 50%
Hit Lower Defense 50%

Double Axe 2
Hit Harm 50%
Hit Life Leech 81%
Hit Mana Leech 81%
Hit Cold Area 50%
Hit Lower Defense 50%

Am I correct in thinking that Since Double Slayer Damage is consistently 300% Modifier
and that Hit Harm Damage has a wide range and will only take effect 50% of the time
that Double Axe 1 would be preferable when using it for a Champ Spawn? I will need more
Double Axes to cover all of the Super Slayer Types ... but is that the only disadvantage?

I may be missing something ... any help in understanding how things work is greatly
appreciated ....

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have never heard of the super slayer property stacking... not saying it does not just questioning if that is accurate or not.

When it comes to slayer types I do not always run with just the Super Slayer. At times it is better to carry a lesser slayer (say a Dragon Slayer Double Axe at the Cold Blood spawn) because for some reason the lesser slayers actually do triple damage instead of double damage that the Super Slayers do.

Also, I can't speak to the hit spell part. I seldom use those properties.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Super Slayers are what comes on Enchanted Cameos .... which I’d like to use.

As far as stacking is concerned I have read it in many posts .... also heard it from some one that I feel is very knowledgable.

I’ve seen a post Double Axe type 2 ... also from a knowledgable person ... trying to understand how it breaks down.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I’m sitting here thinking about it ... I’m gonna make two double axes ... one with DI 40% with no matching slayer and a 2nd with 40% DI and a matching slayer and smack on some orge lords and see what I get ...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Got ya on the Cameo been working on a full set of those myself just to be able to drop the slayer mod on my axes. Heck for that matter if they do stack could always snag one of every Super slayer Cameo and carry the lesser slayer for the boss and make quick work of them.

Will have to do some tests and see if any of that allows damage over the capped amount...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Super slayers stack when you are in melee.
So if you have repond slayer on the cameo and repond slayer on the double axe, you are getting the 300% multiplier.

Now, why you would need hit harm to help kill the spawn is something I am trying to get my mind over.
Whirlwind and hit area would slay everything in range at Baracoon spawn.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So if you have repond slayer on the cameo and repond slayer on the double axe, you are getting the 300% multiplier.
Dang.. was hoping there was a way above the cap. Should have known it was a very hard cap :D

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just got back from Ice ... whacking on an Artic Ogre Lord ..... Stacking is verified ... as so many of the knowledgable people said ..... with only Cameo each hit in the 53-59 range ... with the Cameo AND Slayer on the Double Axe 79-90 range

Last edited:

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Now, why you would need hit harm to help kill the spawn is something I am trying to get my mind over.
Whirlwind and hit area would slay everything in range at Baracoon spawn.
Being "not too smart" about all this stuff I figured I would ask ... it seemed that the constant bonus would outweigh the random Harm Damage ... and other than not being able to use a single DA against multiple types I was wondering ...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Stacking is verified ... as so many of the knowledgable people said .....
Cool. Once @BeaIank said it stacked that was good enough for me lol. She is very seldom incorrect about such things. Hope ya don't take any offense.. it's not that I think you are full of crap, I just do not know ya that I know of is all... and like you, I have to hear things like that from folks I know and trust in order to believe it :)

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
No offense taken at all .... and you're right about Bealank ... she's been giving me guidance for awhile now .... so happens she's one of the "knowledgable" ones I mentioned.

Knowledgable AND a Good Soul ....

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got ya on the Cameo been working on a full set of those myself just to be able to drop the slayer mod on my axes. Heck for that matter if they do stack could always snag one of every Super slayer Cameo and carry the lesser slayer for the boss and make quick work of them.

Will have to do some tests and see if any of that allows damage over the capped amount...
I just want to add, if you have the lesser slayer on your weapon, then having the super slayer cameo is pointless for the damage modifier cap. The lesser slayer gets you to that cap alone.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Theres allot more to a cameo than the super slayer .... but getting a 300% damage modifier across an entire family of mobs sure is a nice feature .... imho anyway

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Cameos are the best for PvM warriors. You can get really creative and maximize damage for situations with a variety of mob types. I frequently stack lesser slayers or use combos of super slayer/lesser slayer weapon with a different slayer cameo.

Fenbay

Adventurer
Ok ... so for dummies like me:

If I stack two super slayers (cameo and a weapon) for say reptiles I'd be at max damage versus all mob types at cold spawn for instance?

Also, what makes you decide on a double axe for double strike versus a bladed staff for AI etc.

I see a lot of mention of double axes and not weapons with AI.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok ... so for dummies like me:

If I stack two super slayers (cameo and a weapon) for say reptiles I'd be at max damage versus all mob types at cold spawn for instance?

Also, what makes you decide on a double axe for double strike versus a bladed staff for AI etc.

I see a lot of mention of double axes and not weapons with AI.
Pretty much if a target has 57% In a specific Resist, or lower, double strike with a double axe will hit as hard as an armor ignore with a bladed staff.

With onslaught, you can go as high as 65% in a resist and still be hitting just as hard, but at that point I prefer Armor ignore for more consistent damage output.

It's also a 2 for 1, you can whirlwind, and you can doublestrike. So it saves a lot of money, time, effort, and carry weight to only need 1 weapon for most spawns.