• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Merriam -Webster dictionary defines community as:
1: a unified body of individuals: such as

a: the people with common interests living in a particular area broadly : the area itself the problems of a large community

b: a group of people with a common characteristic or interest living together within a larger society a community of retired persons, a monastic community

c: a body of persons of common and especially professional interests scattered through a larger society the academic community, the scientific community

d: a body of persons or nations having a common history or common social, economic, and political interests the international community

e: a group linked by a common policy

f: an interacting population of various kinds of individuals (such as species) in a common location

g: STATE, COMMONWEALTH
2 a: a social state or condition The school encourages a sense of community in its students.

b: joint ownership or participation community of goods

c: common character : LIKENESS community of interests

d: social activity : FELLOWSHIP

3: society at large the interests of the community
Recent events have weighed on my conscience to write this post. Community means to help each other, support one another. lift each other up, and give each other a helping hand.

Community does not berate or tear each other down.

I would say 99% of the time we do help, support. lift up and lend a helping hand.

It's that 1% of the time when we do go off the rails; we do it royally and I often wonder if we don't hurt some feelings.

Let me say that recently I got sucked into a forum melee and I meant no ill will. With that I apologize for any harm or hurt I might have caused.

There is so much pain, hurt and sadness in the world, especially right now. We don't need to contribute to it, instead we should try to spread love.

We have this wonderful game that affords us an escape into a magical realm from the horrors of the real world.

It must be horrifying to log into your escape and find something terrible has happened.

How awful it must be to find your favorite pet has been deleted or someone has gained unauthorized access to your account(s) and looted them clean.

I feel fortunate that the only thing I have had happen is the two step authentication has been triggered.

I just change all the account passwords and the main account password.

I think from now on we should focus on helping anyway we can WITHOUT judging, condemning, trolling or baiting.

I am happy to help as my sister and I have accumulated tons over year from friends,idocs, and such (4 castles, 1 Keep, 2 18x18s and 1 little Luna House FULL).

From now on the only trolls should be the ones that spawn in UO.

Like the song says "Put A Little Love In Your Heart".

Put A Little Love In Your Heart

(DeShannon/Holiday/Myers - Imperial/EMI Music)

Think of your fellow man
Lend him a helping hand
Put a little love in your heart
You see it's getting late
Oh, please don't hesitate

And the world will be a better place
And the world will be a better place
For you and me
You just wait and see

Another day goes by
Still the children cry
If you want the world to know
We won't let hatred grow

And the world (and the world) will be a better place
All the world (all the world) will be a better place
For you (for you)
And me (and me)
You just wait (just wait)
And see, wait and see

Take a good look around
And if you're looking down
I hope when you decide
Kindness will be your guide

For you (for you)
And me (and me)
You just wait (just wait)
And see

People now, put a little love in your heart
Each and every day
There's no other way
It's up to you
Come on and put a little love in your heart...

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For a moment I thought I was going to get through a post without mention of sister, or my sis

but there it is right near the end

how sad

I didn’t realize UO had two factor authentication. How do I set this up?

To the OP’s original point though don’t beat yourself up to much. Everyone is entitled to screw up now and again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They could make money selling the authentication code devices like Blizzard has.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn’t realize UO had two factor authentication. How do I set this up?

To the OP’s original point though don’t beat yourself up to much. Everyone is entitled to screw up now and again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's on the EA account (master account) Login to EA.com Then choose My Account, then choose the security tab.

You will see Login Verification button where you can click to turn it on or off.

If you verify your cell phone as well as Email you can have it text you the verification code.

This is the master account all you UO accounts are linked to. Also it will ask you for authentication if you try to change the password on the master account.

That's what happened to me recent I was working and got an EA authentication code text.

I didn't do and sis was taking care of dad and not online. So I changed master account password and ALL UO Passwords.

Remember if someone gets your Master account password...They have all your UO accounts connected with it.

All someone has to do is use Master Account credentials, login into the UO account Manager, change the passwords on each UO account and it's GAME OVER.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lol Luc has a moment of reflection on her 90% venomous posts.
For a moment I thought I was going to get through a post without mention of sister, or my sis

but there it is right near the end

how sad
And right here are two stellar examples of what Luc was pointing out as what is wrong with part of our community. These sound almost like personal attacks to me since neither of you have indicated anything other than disdain for Luc to my knowledge.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I stand by my factual post, tell your lawyers to read your posts. Then see if my 90% is too generous. Since you just threatened me with a frivolous lawsuit. I did not mention your sister. So I do not know why you think I did. Maybe it is time for her to also reflect, since she was banned for some reason. Which you brought up, I did not.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Already done this for the ea Account missing 2factor in uo itself. For example with fido keys or secure Apps.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
We generally try to keep from locking posts but this thread has already turned in the wrong direction. If the OP @Luc of Legends would like it to remain open, it will need to be moved to unleashed. Luc you can PM me if you would like me to move this.

Status
Not open for further replies.