• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Community Spotlight – The Metropolis of Moonglade

SotA Stratics

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran

Located in the North Paladis region of Novia, the Metropolis of Moonglade was founded as a village alongside the more well known Yew town (which is getting a makeover for Release 50!). Now these two towns share heavy traffic as goods are traded on a daily basis. Moonglade has a lot to offer, so we sent our very own community manager, Berek, to check it out.

Excerpts from Berek’s Novian Travelog…

Berek, friend of Novia, to outlanders far and wide:

By royal decree, my travels have recently taken me in search of Yew, the hidden city of the elves, to learn of their culture and customs. While searching for the reclusive elves, several dark towers marking the metropolis of Moonglade reached above the tall trees bordering the Hallowed Plains. Perhaps the residents of Moonglade could direct me to the hidden city…

Almost forgotten to time, the locals recount tales of Yew long past in which humans, not elves, lived in what we now call North Paladis. Tall, densely packed trees encircle Moonglade, but the town is not the first to grace the forest glade. The earliest recorded settlement was built near the ruins of an ancient monastic citadel, the nature of which has likely been lost to the cataclysm. The ruins can still be explored not far from the city center.

Upon arriving at Moonglade, I initially received a mixed reception – on one hand, suspicious residents, wary of the rare traveler, and on the other, a warm welcome from Galmar Soiksen, proprietor of a quaint and delightful stop, the Rift’s Inn and its tavern. Several houses line the river to the left, and a large walled city center lies just behind the tavern. The inn offers resupply and crafting amenities for weary travelers seeking refuge from the treacherous Harvest Trail. Rift’s Inn sports a small outdoor amphitheater, which has hosted shows authored by famous Novian playwrights such as Womby.

As I passed through the main city gate, I could not help but take in the town square laid out in front of me. An aesthetically pleasing as well as functional town square, the half-moon of devotionals was flanked on the west by a well-stocked crafting and mercantile center, and on the east, by a nearly empty inn. Vendors, residences, a city hall, and a Keep-sized Colosseum line the main thoroughfare through Moonglade.

By this time, several of the city council had been made aware of my presence, and rushed out to greet me. They impressed upon me their desire to “put Moonglade on the map,” and that their remote town isn’t as much of a backwater as rumors might have it. One councilman boasted of Moonglade’s admittedly impressive courthouse. In a more hushed, if not just a bit haughty tone, they pointed out one of the dark towers, built on ancient ruins, as a place of study of sorcery.

The town is primarily comprised of three member guilds, Moongate Travelers, Nightwalkers, and an order of Praetorian Knights, the latter of which acts as a volunteer city guard. In an effort to bring new growth to Moonglade, the city council is offering free room and board in Moonglade’s Inns and guesthouses for members of these guilds, as well as non-guilded outlanders searching for a secure community. Conveniently located a (very long) stone’s throw from Central Brittany, Moonglade has much to offer an aspiring Avatar in search of a home and a community.

Safe Travels,
Berek

Inquiries regarding Moonglade, residence, guild membership in any of the seated guilds, or guilds seeking a seat on the city council, please contact Asbury Baker.

Summary of Amenities: Outlanders new to Novia, or those simply looking for a safe and secure home, are always welcome in Moonglade. There are still several empty lots inside the city center and free room and board in the inns. Residents who homestead in Moonglade are granted access to several commission free vendors within the city. While the city center and inns are reserved for members of the three governing guilds, members of the Tower of High Sorcery, and the un-guilded, there is significant real estate available beyond the city walls for enterprising outlanders to create their own enclave, complete with crafting and magic merchants assigned to the new subdivision.

For those passing through, a complete set of basic crafting stations and resupply merchants can be found at Rift’s End Tavern. Higher quality crafting stations and a full set of devotionals may be found just inside the city walls.

There are so many towns and historical landmarks to explore throughout New Britannia. If you are interested in sharing your tales of adventure, message community manager Berek!

Continue reading...