• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Community Spotlight – New Fawn

SotA Stratics

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran

Today’s spotlight is about a very old town, one that was around before the days of the sundering. Long before the world was re-made into the lands of Novia and Hidden Vale, this town had many names. It was often called Fawn and sometimes “The City of the Sea”. It was originally a beautiful place to visit and honor a great many people.

Since those times, the town has grown, but many parts have kept the ways of the past. You can still find the followers of Love in one of the town’s three boroughs, along with followers of Virtue and Chaos. Smiths do not hide their exotic armor and weapons anymore, but actively promote their skills. All who live here now come willingly and with hope to see the town eventually grow to be a major seaport.

Let us take a tour of the crossroads sized town of New Fawn. My name is Warrior B’Patrick and I will guide you. I was elected governor 36 years ago as noted in the records of this land. I had no experience leading a town, but I care deeply for all creatures and so the residents of New Fawn deemed me worthy of the title. Since that day New Fawn has grown into the city you see upon visiting.

New Fawn is located in the Naryad Channel and can be reached from the town of Harvest using a boat at the docks, or reached via our sister town of Hollaim using a wagon near the stables. There is a note on the town’s bulletin boards with instructions.

We currently have three distinct boroughs that are all available to move into and live in the town:

The Borough of Virtue for followers of Lord British…

The Borough of Love for followers of the old ways…

The Borough of Chaos for followers of Darkstarr…

Each borough has its own crafting area complete with vendors, as well as a basement where residents can store chest to hold supplies or other items as needed. A town banker and a crafting merchant are close by so crafting can be a fast and rewarding activity. A Blacksmith and a Magic vendor are located in Virtue for your crafting needs as well.

The central area is where the partying happens though. There is a community inn with plenty of rooms to rent, an athletic area that includes a Gustball court for the competitive people, a stage where plays and music events are performed, and a tavern run by a decedent of the original owner. We invite all people of all types to come and enjoy the activities our town puts on.

The Community Inn with Activity Area…

Gustball Court…

While it is only a rumor from many generations ago, some townsfolk still talk about a hidden dungeon nearby. The dungeon is extensive, passing deep underground for many footsteps before coming to a chest with some exotic armor and weapons within it. Beware though of any creatures or traps that may be just underfoot as you explore the mountains in search of this dungeon. The only proof I have of its existence is a picture that was sent to me anonymously…

That concludes our tour of a lovely town that welcomes all living beings. Please come and check it out for yourself! I dearly love this town and have for many years. Ultimately it is the reason for me being part of the community in the first place, and so I will be here until the days of the sundering return.

There are so many towns and historical landmarks to explore throughout New Britannia. If you are interested in sharing your tales of adventure, message community manager Berek!

Continue reading...