• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Community Spotlight – Festival

SotA Stratics

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran

Located as a Nested POT in Owl’s Head, Festival was founded as a village alongside the more well known Owl’s Head town. Now these two towns share heavy traffic as goods are traded on a daily basis. Festival has that frosty holiday cheer to it, so now is a perfect time to visit!

As told by town Govenor, Engineer (aka Datendrache)

How does a miner become the Govenor of a Hidden Vale reach, home to lavish parties and known as a playground for nobility and avatar alike? Well, friend, let me tell you a story…

Long ago, I started working my claim in the dangerous Elysium Mines. In time, the miners just called me `Engineer’ for all the constructions that I made down in the earth as we secured the tunnels in search of gold and silver. Thus, it became the only name people know me by.

In time, I earned a king’s ransom and my plan was to sell it all at Owl’s Head. After a long journey, my weary legs stopped at the Fire Lotus Tavern to ask the locals where to sell my treasures. What I found was an old Baron crying over his mead. The barkeep warned me: ‘that old man has a lot of problems.’

Curious, I bought the sullen Baron a fresh tankard of brew and asked him of his situation. He confessed he simply had too many woes and only felt pressure and unhappiness. He dreamt of being in a faraway land in a humble home alone by himself. Half-jokingly, I suggested a trade of my fortune for his fiefdom – and he accepted my offer! The next day he swore over his kingdom in front of Lord British and nobody has seen him since…

And that, dear friend, is how this old miner became the Governor of this mountainous reach that we now call Festival. True enough, I may have gained property and status, but also inherited all of the old man’s problems.

Festival is a Havoc Guild sponsored town. Accessible by the Hot Air Balloon at Owl’s Head’s entrance, the town is there to immediately welcome all guests with fun and activities. A town full of attractions, Festival features a Mountain Chalet and Museum, The Sun Magic Tower of High Sorcery, the Zeitgeist Player Book Library, Alphaine Nine’s Academy, Pictoria’s Secret Freak Show, Nightwalker’s Bordello, a large PvP Arena, and more!

Festival is a town of fascinating contradictions. One will notice the mountain town of ice is raging with fire, or that the residents’ bright homes hold dark secrets. Sun magic and earth magic work in harmony in this land. Is it Virtue the land requires? Is it too orderly to be Chaotic? Or is it all an illusion to bring enjoyment to the Avatars that come visit?

The players drive Festival. The town is a community where everyone can connect together, regardless of their guild. Many players come to visit for the many special occasions that are held here. It is as much of a venue of adventure and fun for all of Novia as it is a home to many players that come through the nearby Owl’s Head.

There are so many towns and historical landmarks to explore throughout New Britannia. If you are interested in sharing your tales of adventure, message community manager Berek!

Continue reading...