• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Community News] BNN: Military Arrives In Moonglow

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Posted to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.uoherald.com/news/>uoherald.com:</a><blockquote><span class=osi></p><center>
</center> <font size=+1>BNN: Military Arrives In Moonglow Military Arrives in Moonglow

Draconi Apr 3 2008 9:08AM</p>

Early this morning a blockade of cannons was erected around the crater in southern Moonglow. Captain Avery, himself on scene, tersely ordered our correspondents back and had little to say directly to us. However, contrary to expectations, the military is not stopping ordinary (albeit well-armed) citizens from entering the rift!</p>

Despite refusals to comment on the situation, the BNN has been asked to publish a short declaration from the Royal Britannian Guard, which follows: </p>

Attention citizens of Moonglow, the greater Britannian kingdom, and visitors. A state of emergency has been declared in the township of Moonglow, currently under attack by forces unknown. We do not advise volunteerism in the city’s defense, but under these incredible circumstances we will not interfere with attempts to enter the rift we are now guarding.</p>

A medical station is already under construction. All contact with entities within the rift should be met with extreme prejudice. Experience has shown that nothing within has attempted any form of communication – only vicious attacks resulting in numerous deaths.</p>

Please report any and all information gathered to myself, Captain Avery. </p>

The BNN also regrets to inform our readers that we’ve confirmed the death of Kronos, leader of the blackrock detector project. Dexter, his field apprentice, disappeared shortly after returning to Moonglow from the rift with master mage Sutek, who arrived at the scene after the disaster. The fate of Melissa, friend and fellow mage of the local council, is currently unknown.</p>

We will continue informing our readership about this calamity as details pour in. </p>

I

imported_Sarphus

Is anyone actually seeing these guards and cannons on their shard yet?

I logged on over lunch to check em out and the cannons weren't there on origin.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah not on Origin yet *waits patiently*

It's kinda dead over here right now.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
WOOT just got our cannons Thanks Tim!

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we have the cannons and tent on napa, no guards or healers....someone ate them

I

imported_Sarphus

the cannons and tent are there on catskills too.

I saw 2 maps on the table inside the tent. I double clicked them and it said they appear to be blank. I then unsuccessfully tried to decode them using cartography, item id and detect hidden.

perhaps they are just blank! lol

we probably want to check back on those maps periodically to see if they change at some point after the troops arrive.

G

<blockquote><hr>

the cannons and tent are there on catskills too.

I saw 2 maps on the table inside the tent. I double clicked them and it said they appear to be blank. I then unsuccessfully tried to decode them using cartography, item id and detect hidden.

we probably want to check back on those maps periodically to see if they change at some point after the troops arrive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldnt make you feel to safe knowing the military is using blank maps for planning.

G

but would feel even more unsafe if the completed plans where left unattended

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's my job *grins*

I TRY to do it better then you guys but sometimes you guys got me beat....'tis why I LOVE you all

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Deamon Berserkers seem to be gone on cats as well, none for the last 45 mins.

[/ QUOTE ]

We just had some spawn on Pacific.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Don't try to grab the maps in the tent (before they are locked down) !

1. They weigh 255 stones!

2. A GM puts you to jail and takes it back.

To the GM:

Sorry for being curious and too fast on the mouse.

Thanks for the laugh and for not banning me.

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

Wouldnt make you feel to safe knowing the military is using blank maps for planning.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually ... longtime coming for the military to USE hidden encryption on maps ...
"command eyes only" ... "self destruct" ...

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious why they placed a healers hut inside an area that no heal,res,close wounds or any spell for that matter can be used??

I

imported_Sirion

Did the GMs also lock the bedrolls inside the tent? The 5 bedrolls are not locked here...

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Yes, I think so too. A pair of gloves labeled "Fastest hand on Drachenfels" or something, would've been a proper reward. *hint*

I even lost 15K gold pieces that I had to drop - to be able to carry the map.

The gold simply vanished as it hit the ground and shortly after I was jailed.

Btw, the map was stuck in my backpack so I wouldn't have been able to display it anyway.

I

imported_Lady Narsil

Nothing on GL we still have the original spawn. Nothing has ever changed. It is getting really old.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would just like to say I'm really liking the event thus far. Don't get to play UO much anymore (in between jobs, caught the quest at the right moment
)

But back to work soon. *sigh*

E

Evil D

Legends has cannons and a tent set up, but still no berserkers... Getting boring, whats going on here...

G

Well they sure didn't have my back the 30 or so times I died!

G

nice grab on the map! i bet that was funny talking to the gm. LoL

I

imported_Lady Narsil

GL has the tent and cannon now too but we still have never moved on from the original spawn. Getting very boring. There is almost no one going to the event anymore.

I

imported_wrekognize

I'm getting plenty of swords, shields and life threads. But I'm tired of dieing in two hits, or having three fetid essence jump on me from out of nowhere. It's definitly on the difficult side, and a gold sink. I just really hope there's some type of change to all this to make it FUN.

I

imported_kinney42

Agreed.............Just jumped in to check it out and as usual there are ghosts all over the place around the gate.....we get that area cleaned up and i go for a run around the town.........1 screen away from the gate in all 4 directions are a totaly of 26 angel things and 16 essences. Some stacked 6 deep in a 3 tile square!!
How the hell are we supposed to fight that????
Putting 200 monsters with 100/100 FC/FCR with 10 times the amount of mana/hp/strength as characters does not make an event! It makes a slaughter!
Gee Whiz it's so much fun getting killed 75% of the time before I get through the gate! =)

G

After 2 pages of replies, I thought there'd be something more than 2 cannons and a tent!

Are we supposed to have guards and healers? Europa has none, as per usual, guess that's just cutbacks for you
Europa can't afford healers so we just get two shooters and a shelter. Oh and all the roleplayers you could ever need. Makes up for the lack of guards!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
ls has had them since early this am still cant rez or cast spells there but hey looks pretty lol

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

top secret - so you as civilist will see nothing ...