• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Community Member of the Week: Daedalos42

N

Noles

Every Monday, we feature a community member who does one or more of the following things: routinely goes above and beyond for their fellow forum members, is a positive and active member of the community, and/or sends me mass amounts of cat pictures. This week our Community Member of the Week is Daedalos42. Read a little more about this particular fan below, then hit their profile to learn their opinion on the unicorn of the sea!

Gamertag: Daedalos42.

Origin of gamertag: Greek myths, birthday (June 9 = 6 and 9; 6 x 9 = 42).

Current clan/community: RVBW, BWO, and, of course, Waypoint and HBO.

Halo game(s) you are currently playing: Reach, ODST, and 3 Multiplayer.

Favorite map, game type and playlist: Superstition; KotH; Anniversary and customs.

Least favorite map, game type and playlist: Sword Base; Headhunter; Firefight Arcade.

Preferred control scheme: Bumper Jumper (sometimes Green Thumb); Sensitivity: 4; Non-inverted.

Halo weapon specialty/preference: The Magnum and Plasma Pistol at close range, and the DMR at long range.

Halo playing style (offense, defense, sniper, driver, etc.): Whatever I feel like doing at the moment. In Slayer, I mostly stay back and only go into the midst of a battle when I see an opening. In objective games, I usually stay near my base to guard it or drive my teammates around the map.

Favorite character: Douglas 042 (for obvious reasons).

Favorite book: Ghosts of Onyx or Primordium.

Favorite Halo quote: "Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job, making sure it's crowded when you get there, is." (From one of the Armour Permutation descriptions in Reach.)

Anything else we should know? I misplaced my mic soon after I got my Xbox, so I'm not able to talk in-game. I am a casual player, and pretty mediocre, but that doesn't stop me from having fun playing video games. I also enjoy having discussions online with fellow community members.

Get to know Daedalos42 here!

Continue reading...