• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Community Member of the Week: Austin7934

N

Noles

Every Monday, we feature a community member who does one or more of the following things: routinely goes above and beyond for their fellow forum members, is a positive and active member of the community, and/or sends me mass amounts of cat pictures. This week our Community Member of the Week is Austin7934. Read a little more about this particular fan below, and read a lot more about this particular fan by visiting his introduction thread!

Gamertag: Austin7934.

Origin of gamertag: Well for starters, if you haven't guessed, my name is Austin. The 7934 has absolutely no significance in my life at all; they were just four random numbers that have stuck with me for years. When I was making my first AIM screen name, I made it "gamepro." However, that was taken (What a shock, right?), and the first option was "gamepro7934." Ever since then, those numbers have followed me. Gamepro is long gone, so just call me Austin. :)

Halo game(s) you are currently playing: Reach, Halo Wars (Working on getting to General in matchmaking. I'm an achievement hunter, what can I say?) and every now and then, for nostalgia sake, I play some Halo 3. By far my favorite Halo game ever.

Favorite map, game type and playlist: Slayer tends to be my favorite game type, and SWAT is probably my favorite playlist. Favorite maps... that's a hard one for me, but pretty much anything from Halo 3 was just gold in my eyes. Just to list a few, High Ground, The Pit, Guardian, Foundry, Sandbox, and Avalanche. There's been way too many good maps in the original Halo trilogy; it's just too hard to decide on one!

Least favorite map, game type and playlist: King of the Hill would probably be one of my least favorites. I'm not too crazy about some of the objective game types, but I do love CTF, of course. Least favorite map could be Countdown or Reflection.

Preferred control scheme: Default (Sorry Frankie, no inversion here!).

Halo playing style (offense, defense, sniper, driver, etc.): Just give me a gun, and I'm on the offense.

Favorite character: Master Chief, obviously. Don't worry, though, Johnson is a strong second.

Favorite book: Cryptum and Fall of Reach. Both are absolutely great.

Favorite Halo quote: "Send me out, with a bang." -Sgt. Johnson

Anything else we should know? I'm waiting for Halo 4. The excitement has come back, and I just can't wait for my next Halo installment. I've never been the biggest fan of side stories, and I have been waiting for the story to continue since 2007. It's time to start a new fight.

Get to know Austin7934 here!

Continue reading...