• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Community Event and Fishing Competition

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still a work in progress but I wanted to get this out as soon as possible in hopes of a good turn out.

Join us in the quest for Hard Liquor, Good Music, Nautical Nonsense, and of course....Treasure! Nancy's will be hosting
bi-weekly events to include Treasure Hunts, Fishing Competitions, Pirate Hunts, Fish Net drops, and more.
So pull your self away from IDOCing and Bank Sitting, dust off your Fishing Pole and drop by Nancy's Habor Cafe. And remember...The more you drink, the more fun it will all seem!

Details here: https://sites.google.com/site/nancysharborcafe/home

Last edited:

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bump - if this tournament has a pretty good turn out. Bluntman and Cronics will help support prizes for the next event.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Innagural: Deadliest Catch!
Co-sponsered by our friends at Red Cow Auction House
Registration: No registration is required. All fish turned in will be judged for prizes.
Entry Fee: Free
Begin Date: March 3rd, 2013
End Date: March 15th, 2013
Details
Help us decorate the walls and halls of Nancy's by fishing up the biggest sea creatures in Britannia. All fish will be in play for the Innagural: Large Fish, Enchanted Fish, Rare Fish, and the SA quest Fish (Red Herring and Mud Puppy). Fish can be turned in at any time at the mail box at Nancy's. Only fish caught on or between March 3rd and March 15th will be eligible for prizes. 500,000 GP will be awarded to the Fisherman who turns in the largest of any given fish type. You will be eligible for multiple prizes so turning in a variety may be advantagous. All submissions will become the property of Nancy's Harbor Cafe and you will forfeit any claim to the fish. The top fish of each type will be displayed on the walls at Nancy's or in the display cases in case of non trophy fish. All submissions will be examined on March 16th and the winners will posted here.
See Location page to find Nancy's in game or go to Red Cow Auction House where a rune is availble.
The single largest fish by weight will be awarded a barbed runic sewing kit.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It says no registration is required, then it says only registered participants get prizes.

How do you register??

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The rules were changed to No registration needed. Just drop your big catches off in the mail box. I haven't fished for about a year, got the ole fisherman back out yesterday and hit a few of my old stomping grounds. Was a nice change of pace, got to burn through some of my baits I had setting around collecting dust. Was able to nab 8 different big fish species throughout the day. Kind of nice that its running 2 weeks.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tried to update all the posts to reflect the changes. NO REGISTRATION required. Any and all fish, crab, lobster will be eligible for prizes.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leader Board Updated with 1 week to go in the innagural Deadliest Catch Fishing Contest!

ChefTell dominates early with 9 of the Biggest Fish and a top catch of 188 Stones!

Get all of the details on the Leaderboard: http://tinyurl.com/nancysharbor

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And six days later and not one update. Contest without updates to the leader board just a scam for free fish steaks.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry you feel that way Pig. Constant updates of the leaderboard just encourage people to not turn in fish untill the very last day. That way they don't show their hand. The board was updated at the half way point and now has been updated with the final winners. 16 million in gold and other goodies are being paid out. I think I could find a cheaper way to "scam" for fish steaks.

Last edited:

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Innagural Deadliest Catch Fishing Contest is complete. Congratulations to Munch-Dawg for his winning 197 stone Lava Fish! And a big congratulations to Lady Kalia who turned in 12 winning fish. See all the winners and details on the Leaderboard.
Check back at Nancy's often. Our next event is in the planning phase and will be announced soon.
Lady Kalia (12)
Fairy Salmon, Fire Fish, Reaper Fish, Stone Crab
Unicorn Fish, Yellowtail Barracuda, Black Marlin, Blood Lobster
Spring Dragonfish, Stone Fish, Void Lobster, Mud Puppy
ChefTell (6)
Bull Fish, Spider Crab, Abyssal Dragonfish, Dread Lobster
Dungeon Pike, Red Herring
Lady Dreamy (5)
Blue Lobster, Holy Mackeral, Summer Dragonfish,
Giant Samurai Fish, Void Crab
Sir Chopper(4)
Crystal Fish, Golden Tuna, Rainbow Fish, Zombie Fish
Varingian (3)
Autumn Dragonfish, Giant Koi, Winter Dragonfish
Munch-Dawg (2)
Big Fish, Lava Fish
Magdalena (1)
Great Barracuda
Shadow (1)
Blue Marlin
Sosaria Bane (1)
King Fish
Others who participated
Long Rod
Daga Taga
Elffog
Elm-Mos
Lord Braden
Elebir
Naz
Lord Magic Seller
Sarah Ann Black
A huge thanks to all and a reminder: All who participated will recieve a personalized Prize Pack.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Congrats to the winners. Thanks for the contest, was lots of fun.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Warpig! I'd like to issue a personal challenge to you sir since you seem to nay say our humble contest. The challenge is simple: GET INVOLVED! The next fishing contest has been announced and details can be found on this forum and at tinyurl.com/nancysharbor

Nothing would make me happier than to hand you checks for victory sir!